Bunker in setup phase show completely wrong LOS

Scenario: Ramparts of the Palikoi

After more than one week and 12+ hours of meticulously building a setup, where defensive positions are supporting each other and protecting the whole mountain, what happens when the game starts?

In the first turn the terrain is changed. LOS and LOF of the defensive positions change completely. :eek:

Suddenly the bunkers are not sunk into the slopes anymore, like shown during the not at all important setup phase but instead the terrain around them becomes deformed. :mad:

Bunkers and trenches on slopes therefore have a completely different LOS/LOF in game VS setup-phase.

And what makes it even worse: probably the oponent can see all the artificial undulations in the terrain without the need of units with LOS. :mad:

I tried this just now.

I think that the terrain deformation can be "rationalised". In a defensive position, the attacker has probably scoped out all your bunkers anyhow. And the dudes making the bunkers on a slope surely have to dig them in, deforming the terrain.

However, the LOS change is hard to deal with, as this extreme example shows:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-25%20at%209.30.49%20AM.png

(this bunker was at ground level, with it's base level with the bush you can see (trunks) to it's right in this picture before I pressed "go")

Something for BFC to "review", I think...

GaJ

Odd! First time I've ever seen anything like this. Based on the screenshot alone I suspect some sort of bug. Deformation should be just enough to level out the bunker, not drop it into a deep pit.

Steiner14, someone will send you a PM and ask for your save file. That is probably the easiest way to figure out what is going wrong here.

Steve

I tried this just now.

I think that the terrain deformation can be "rationalised". In a defensive position, the attacker has probably scoped out all your bunkers anyhow. And the dudes making the bunkers on a slope surely have to dig them in, deforming the terrain.

However, the LOS change is hard to deal with, as this extreme example shows:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-25%20at%209.30.49%20AM.png

(this bunker was at ground level, with it's base level with the bush you can see (trunks) to it's right in this picture before I pressed "go")

Something for BFC to "review", I think...

GaJ

As Steiner14's opponent in this battle, in my first turn of the game before hitting the ESC key, I cannot see any of his defensive positions. Especially the ones high up on the mountain. After looking closely I can see the terrain "deformations" where the bunkers would be, but they are in areas where my units have no direct LOS. I should not be able to see anything but the terrain in the area. I guess there is no FOW for terrain, which makes sense. I should not be able to see the deformations for bunkers though.