Question about game

Big Al

I'd like to know more info.

is this a 3d strategy game? 1st person shooter?

I was looking for something to replace Battlefield 1942.

3D tactics, no base-building or any real macro game going on. The closest analog would be something like Wargame: European Escalation, except set in WW2.

Big Al,

I'm going to be straight with you. CM games are E-crack, pure and simple. E-crack is better than crack, though, for it'll improve your brain, expand your horizons and may, possibly, turn you into a WW II grog.

Management is NOT responsible for cubic hours spent playing CM, researching or arguing. Nor is it responsible for any eating, snacking or imbibing done while reveling (or whimpering) over the stern dictates of Ares.

If you're used to strategic level stuff, think of strategic as a body and this as more like the cell on the first part of your right index finger to make contact with a surface when touching it. Compared to what you're used to, take a microcosm of that, then a microcosm of what you get. In terms of rank, you're going from five star general to lieutenant (Platoon leader), and maybe not even that, particularly given casualties. Sergeants can and do run platoons when the Ell Tee buys it. As you get better, you may progress to company commander (captain) or maybe battalion commander (major).

At this level, there is NO production occurring; to the contrary, it's all about CONSUMPTION--men, materiel and priceless time.

Regards,

John Kettler

Big Al,

Is "I got it" you understand, or you bought the game? I can't tell which.

Great game, but way on the other end of the combat spectrum for you. I have zero experience with SC (or any other game BFC offers not CM), but did dabble a bit in AH's Third Reich. Long ago in a galaxy...Speaking of galaxies, I do have some MOO experience. Used to advise a friend who played MOO and Star Trek at max difficulty level. I was his weapon development guy.

Regards,

John Kettler

I'd like to know more info.

is this a 3d strategy game? 1st person shooter?

I was looking for something to replace Battlefield 1942.

I mostly think of CMx2 as a kind of company-grade level "Steel Panthers" (which I never mastered) re-done as a 3D simulation. I find it a very robust computer transformation of map & counter wargames like Squad Leader / ASL / Close Assault. As others have said, download the demo and see for yourself. Give yourself 1-3 months of demo play if you really want to understand CMx2 mechanics before actually purchasing the game(s). Hope you enjoy. Good luck and good gaming.

Ok I got it. cool.

Im a designer for SC2. Just saw the cool 3d and was wondering what this was all about.

Yeah, if you're looking for a BF2 replacement, most of the non-hardcore community went with BF3, but a fair chunk of the hardcore realism guys went with ARMA2 and are now waiting on ARMA3.