CM.exe as Trojan

beatmasta

Has anyone else experienced the same annoying thing. I've been playing the CMFI since the day it was released but today for some reason my AV-software started to think that the .exe file is a trojan virus... It keeps deleting the exe even if I restore it. It "finds" it again right away and deletes the file... And therefore I can't access the game at all. Very annoying...

Yes it is a bit of a headache. I have AVIRA and even after I tell it to ignore it seems when I turn off the computer the very next day I want to play I go through the same routine of telling the anti-virus to ignore it. It also corrupts my desk icon so I have to rebuild it even after I tell it to ignore it (the av still goes through some 'repair' routine.) What I do now is just turn off the antivirus before I play.

For what it's worth AVIRA when I run a scan also deletes an exe in another armored game that I have (Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942). I just have to restore it from quarantine afterwards.

Sign of the time anti-virus treats quite a few legitimate exe. with suspicion.