Possible Deploy Bug Found

Last night was I playing a mission in CMFI. I noticed my 81mm mortar crew was deploying its crew served weapon without any penalty time regarding set-up. The time on the icon was supposed to be something like 43 seconds (don't quote me on that).

They deployed the weapon instantly. The issue is exactly like what was found in this referenced thread.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=103772

Can someone else here in the forum confirm this please?

So when moving does the mortar deploy then pack up at every way point?

AFAICT, it's always deployed when the team is stationary. Haven't observed real closely yet to see if it gets deployed when the Gunner stops, or when all the team stops. I have an opportunity to do so coming up...

I noticed when playing a scenario recently that my HMG 42's were always in the deployed state, animation-wise. They never appeared packed-up. But I never did check to see what the UI said about their actual state, since I just kept giving them the "Deploy" and "Undeploy" commands at the usual times. (The command wasn't greed out at any point.)

I noticed when playing a scenario recently that my HMG 42's were always in the deployed state, animation-wise. They never appeared packed-up. But I never did check to see what the UI said about their actual state, since I just kept giving them the "Deploy" and "Undeploy" commands at the usual times. (The command wasn't greed out at any point.)

The MG42 is foruntate in being able to be fired either off its bipod or the tripod, so even if you've forgotten to tell it to Deploy, or they get interrupted short of their Deploy waypoint, it will be in action.

The "Undeploy" command is mostly unnecessary, since if you give them a move order, they'll go through the packing up process automatically. Where it's useful is if youknow you're going to move them, but not quite when, and there are no targets they need to service from their current location. Using "Undeploy" means there won't be a delay when the opportune moment comes for them to displace.

The MG42 is foruntate in being able to be fired either off its bipod or the tripod, so even if you've forgotten to tell it to Deploy, or they get interrupted short of their Deploy waypoint, it will be in action.

The "Undeploy" command is mostly unnecessary, since if you give them a move order, they'll go through the packing up process automatically. Where it's useful is if youknow you're going to move them, but not quite when, and there are no targets they need to service from their current location. Using "Undeploy" means there won't be a delay when the opportune moment comes for them to displace.

Yes, understood, that's why I didn't bother with checking the UI. I assumed it was merely an animation problem because it was not changing to the bipod configuration, until I read this thread.

To the best of my recollection this bug appeared with the 1.10 patch for CMBN. The upside is that it really gives a boost to the defending side in PBEMs. ;)

LOL...yes that is why I would like to see it fixed ASAP. ;)

And it is not just the mortars. In the same scenario, the anti-tank gun crew sets up almost instantly without any penalty. MG42 in another scenario is not quite right either. It appears to me to be any crew served weapon.

That Brixia I mentioned went from "Not Deployed" to "Deployed" the moment the Leader (the one with the morter icon) stopped. There was some fiddling with sights for about a quarter of a minute before the area fire ranging shots began.

So presumably it has to pack up again at every waypoint.

Maybe. Haven't used it again since, but I've not noticed any packup time slowing the little blighters down. I think the times in the info pane are more "flavour" than actually implemented.

I believe the Instant Deploy Bug crept in recently. Does anyone still have the CMBN 1.0 or 1.01 exe? If BFC can model the trajectory of every shell and several varieties of artillery patterns they can certainly implement plausible deployment delays.

When I played Lemon Hill as a first bash with the Italians, I noticed that the Brixia was auto-deployed whenever the team stopped and took no pack up time.

I assumed that because it was small and light, it didn't need any "putting together" so they just "plonk it down" and fire. But if it's supposed to have a deploy/pack-up time, then in its case, neither work.

Maybe. Haven't used it again since, but I've not noticed any packup time slowing the little blighters down. I think the times in the info pane are more "flavour" than actually implemented.

In CMBN packing up time works as advertized; it's just the deploy that is bugged. Then again I don't recall seeing any crew-served weapon in CMBN without a functioning deploy button.

I'm also pretty sure that deploy time did work in CMBN version 1.0.

In CMBN packing up time works as advertized; it's just the deploy that is bugged. Then again I don't recall seeing any crew-served weapon in CMBN without a functioning deploy button.

I'm also pretty sure that deploy time did work in CMBN version 1.0.

It did Vanir Ausf B. It was after that first patch that the deploy times got screwed up. And you are correct again with respect to packing up time. I've not seen any problems with packing up times. They've worked as advertised.

LOL...yes that is why I would like to see it fixed ASAP. ;)

And it is not just the mortars. In the same scenario, the anti-tank gun crew sets up almost instantly without any penalty. MG42 in another scenario is not quite right either. It appears to me to be any crew served weapon.

Correct, I've seen this bug with every crew-served weapon in both CMBN and CMFI.