Oh effin hell!!

My fault, just venting as I had a HD crash and lost all the downloaded mods I had!! twas loads aswell, would be great if someone made some Mod packs.

Also I never got the chance to deactivate CMBN, CMSF is already unplayable for me as I had to do an off line License ahile ago and again this crash wiped out the game and I never deactivated the offline license.

Hopefully CMBN will be OK. I've been itching to play CMSF aswell for awhile now but lost both my module downloads aswell.

Damn annoying loosing all the downloaded mods, especially Aris mods..had them all!!

Damn lost both my CMSF module downloads aswell and can't re download, time for a begging email to BF. Fingers crossed..

Hard drives fail. Viruses attack. Ruin is spread.

Regular backups: you need to bite the bullet and do them. Then, you need to test them. (I was happily thinking all my backups were good. Hey, I had a green check mark. Then, my drive failed. Cool. I have my backups on another drive. Ooops. No I didn't. I had garbage on the backup disk. I rebuilt the machine and used a new backup software. After I made my initial backup, I physically removed my main drive. I inserted a new, blank, hard-drive. Then I tried my backup. Yep, it worked. Cool. Now I had 3 drives: the one I use, the backup with up to date copies, and the blank one I used as a test, which now sits on the shelf with a clean install from the day I built my machine, ready to go...)

If you don't test, it doesn't work.

Also I never got the chance to deactivate CMBN, CMSF is already unplayable for me as I had to do an off line License ahile ago and again this crash wiped out the game and I never deactivated the offline license.

CMBN should be fine since it uses a different DRM than CMSF that cannot be deactivated. You just get a set number of different hardware configurations you can activate on. IIRC it is 3 plus one per year thereafter.

Hard drives fail. Viruses attack. Ruin is spread.

After I made my initial backup, I physically removed my main drive. I inserted a new, blank, hard-drive. Then I tried my backup. Yep, it worked. Cool. Now I had 3 drives: the one I use, the backup with up to date copies, and the blank one I used as a test, which now sits on the shelf with a clean install from the day I built my machine, ready to go...).

Great idea. I currently only back up data (and test it) but having a rest state for the whole machine sounds good. You could cut a new snap shot periodically too just to keep things up to date

Damn annoying loosing all the downloaded mods, especially Aris mods..had them all!!

Damn lost both my CMSF module downloads aswell and can't re download, time for a begging email to BF. Fingers crossed..

You have my sympathies, I know exactly how that feels.

Aris Mod pack would be nice. :D

Ask and you shall receive. You will need dropbox. I've put all of Aris/Fuser mods in one spot with Dropbox. Simply copy to your Z folder. I don't use his decals as I like to keep my units 'generic' but hopefully it will save you some time.

(Hope this works)

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/CMBN%20Mods

Also I hope Aris doesn't mind. :D

Ask and you shall receive. You will need dropbox. I've put all of Aris/Fuser mods in one spot with Dropbox. Simply copy to your Z folder. I don't use his decals as I like to keep my units 'generic' but hopefully it will save you some time.

(Hope this works)

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/CMBN%20Mods

Also I hope Aris doesn't mind. :D

My hero! :D

Just post the proper link like BigDog944 instructed and I'm ready to start donating organs if you ever happen to need any. :D

CMBN should be fine since it uses a different DRM than CMSF that cannot be deactivated. You just get a set number of different hardware configurations you can activate on. IIRC it is 3 plus one per year thereafter.

Well, reinstalling your OS from scratch on the same hardware will also use up a license.

Just to be precise.

This thing BFC is doing irks me no end. You see, backups. Sure, if you actually restore a backup to bring back your old PC after a HD crash then you don't use up one of BFC's crazy licenses. But what's the point? For most people these days an OS install from scratch is the better alternative since it's a fresh install with new OS/security patches, no fragmentation, no old registry garbage and smart people do most things these days in a web browser anyway. I really hate that individual small companies take actions that go against this.

And that doesn't begin to cover your right to use the game for an unlimited time (you bought a license for use with no time limit, you didn't rent it for a time), a right that is being taken away by this. The moment the licensing servers are down for whatever reason there's no more play unless you do an Egyptian mummy like preservation of your "BFC dedicated PC".

Of course the actual pirate don't have to deal with any of this since they never see a trace of the DRM.

Well, reinstalling your OS from scratch on the same hardware will also use up a license.

Just to be precise.

This thing BFC is doing irks me no end. You see, backups. Sure, if you actually restore a backup to bring back your old PC after a HD crash then you don't use up one of BFC's crazy licenses. But what's the point? For most people these days an OS install from scratch is the better alternative since it's a fresh install with new OS/security patches, no fragmentation, no old registry garbage and smart people do most things these days in a web browser anyway. I really hate that individual small companies take actions that go against this.

And that doesn't begin to cover your right to use the game for an unlimited time (you bought a license for use with no time limit, you didn't rent it for a time), a right that is being taken away by this. The moment the licensing servers are down for whatever reason there's no more play unless you do an Egyptian mummy like preservation of your "BFC dedicated PC".

Of course the actual pirate don't have to deal with any of this since they never see a trace of the DRM.

I understand your frustration with the DRM - http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105605 Demo works, full game with DRM does not. No time line for a fix as of yet. I have to boot back my old image when I want to play. Their support department responds quickly and left me with the impression that activations can be added. Still over a weekend of Holiday, I could be left not playing my game because of this.

I agree they need to protect their software but let us reclaim the activation like most software allows.

Well I believe recently in the Euro Court that the law now states once you bought the software it's yours and you should have access to it no matter what. I imagine any DRM that now looks like your renting rather than owning could be taken to court and most likely win. Once a court case comes along which I'm sure it will do sooner than later and the claimant wins we will see a big shake up with regards to DRM.

Just to be precise.