So ... grog question

There I was in Italy and deploying some Panzergrenadiers. But what's this 30mm HE in their pocketses ?

infantryhemod.jpg

Clearly it's not the AT Rifle grenade, since there's only 2 of those.

Grenade bundles ? Mini-me Satchel charges ?

Please enlighten me ( searching for "30mm HE" was fairly unsuccesful - or rather, TOO successful :( )

It has to be rifle grenades. It works like that in CMBN also with the AT grenades shown as icons and the HE grenades listed separately in the other pane (why? I don't know).

I wonder, do the AT grenades have to be fired first before the HE grenades are accessible, as in CMBN?

The guy with the pistol would usually have a bazooka/shrek, but IIRC sometimes it's not shown. So, you may have 3 shrek rounds and 2 AT rifle grenades.

(But then, I think I read somewhere that there are no shreks in CMFI??)) In which case the previous posters may be correct. (I read the dam manual again about this, and of course as usual no help there.)

The anti-tank rifle grenade is a "special item" and therefore you get a picture. That's the grenade with a count of "2". The 30mm HE is the standard rifle grenade. All infantry anti-tank weaponry is considered special. All infantry-carried anti-INFANTRY weapons and ordnance is considered normal and sits in the black window.

Ken

The anti-tank rifle grenade is a "special item" and therefore you get a picture. That's the grenade with a count of "2". The 30mm HE is the standard rifle grenade. All infantry anti-tank weaponry is considered special. All infantry-carried anti-INFANTRY weapons and ordnance is considered normal and sits in the black window.

Do you know why CMx2 infantry always fire their "special" AT rifle grenades at other infantry before using the not-so-special HE rifle grenades? It's one of those little things that has always bugged me.

The couple of guys with only pistols is also worrying. What do they do in battle ? ( most engagements being well out of (effective) pistol range ) I wouldn't want to be them.

Have you ever seen a pissed-off tank crew on the attack in CMBN? I would arm everyone with pistols if I could.

Have you ever seen a pissed-off tank crew on the attack in CMBN? I would arm everyone with pistols if I could.

Hehe, yeah, true, but some day that'll be fixed ... right ? ;)

I wouldn't want them in my squad though, you'd get that creepy feeling as you know they're just waiting for you to get scragged so they can loo... er.. 'buddy-aid' your rifle/mg :D

The German infantry pistoleros are the loaders for the LMG. They didn't carry a rifle because they were supposed to carry ammo for the LMG and assist the machinegunner instead.

Later on the squad was reduced in size so the loader had to take the additional role of a rifleman.

How is the AT Grenade fired? Is it with the same mechanism on the Kar 98? So they have a total of 5 grenades the rifle can fire, 2 specially designed for AT?

Thanks,

Gerry

Ken