Weapon Jam

xian

+1 to that. I remember the old Close Combat games had it.

Also reminds me of a Market-Garden anecdote I just read the other night:

A US paratrooper was munching on an apple some Dutch civilians had given him, when the Germans suddenly attacked.

The fire grew more intense as the Germans got closer and closer.

His weapon jammed. In desperation, he threw the apple at them!

The Germans reacted as if it was a grenade and hit the dirt -- leaving just enough time for the paratrooper to sprint for safety.

The Germans reacted as if it was a grenade and hit the dirt -- leaving just enough time for the paratrooper to sprint for safety.

THAT'S a great story!

I haven't seen any jams. But I couldn't say if they are in or not.

Mord.

+1 to that. I remember the old Close Combat games had it.

Also reminds me of a Market-Garden anecdote I just read the other night:

A US paratrooper was munching on an apple some Dutch civilians had given him, when the Germans suddenly attacked.

The fire grew more intense as the Germans got closer and closer.

His weapon jammed. In desperation, he threw the apple at them!

Too funny I just read that same story - Been reading too many MG books ltely though. Was that George E. Koskimaki Hell's Highway: The True Story of the 101st Airborne Division During Operation Market Garden, September 17-25, 1944 or September Hope?

Too funny I just read that same story - Been reading too many MG books ltely though. Was that George E. Koskimaki Hell's Highway: The True Story of the 101st Airborne Division During Operation Market Garden, September 17-25, 1944 or September Hope?

Neither. It was in Deliver Us from Darkness: The Untold Story of Third Battalion, 506th PIR.

Interesting. Doesn't CM1 have weapon jamming on MG's. I vaguely recall in a recent '41 East Front fight I had a green HMG team out of action for a couple of minutes being listed as JAMMED if I remember correctly.

Yep, happens pretty regularly in CMx1. Haven't seen anything similar occur in CMx2, though.