Tiny interface?

It is on our ToDo List. Back when we made the original game engine in 2005-2007 this sort of thing rarely came up because few people had cards and/or computers capable of running fast enough at very high resolution. That's obviously changed.

It will take quite a bit of work, but we want to "decouple" the 2D UI at the bottom from the screen resolution. This will allow us to keep a standard display size no matter what the screen resolution is.

Steve

It is on our ToDo List. Back when we made the original game engine in 2005-2007 this sort of thing rarely came up because few people had cards and/or computers capable of running fast enough at very high resolution. That's obviously changed.

It will take quite a bit of work, but we want to "decouple" the 2D UI at the bottom from the screen resolution. This will allow us to keep a standard display size no matter what the screen resolution is.

Steve

Thanks for your answer. This is nice to hear.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Indeed. A fairly large proportion of the 'regulars', at least, are getting - err, long in the tooth and such issues start to assume greater importance. Even those with 100% vision don't really need the eye strain in trying to read tiny print and numbers.

I had to pack up playing HPS games because of a similar, but worse, issue. Not at that stage with CM, yet, but things are unlikely to improve in the eye department.

Why not reduce the resolution until you can read things again and a good compromise is found?

The demand is clear, this game is allow to play with desktop resolution. nowadays too many monitor is working with 1920x1080 hd resolution. so why can't we use this resolution beause of not user friendly UI

and bfc has given a green light in order to solve this issue

thanks to feedback from bfc

so why can't we use this resolution beause of not user friendly UI

If I wouldn't be able to read the text in briefings or the number of the remaining bullets, I would switch to a lower resolution to be able to read again.

But if I would have such bad vision, then I wouldn't need this high resolution anyway. And a lower resolution additionally gives me a higher framerate and better graphics. Three flies with one clap.

This doesn't mean that a scaleable interface wouldn't be nice, but there is a difference between necessity and convenience.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Imagine running Combat Mission game with 3840x2160 resolution, aka 4k... try reading briefings or generic user interface text from that screen.

This is video of me using 4k resolution in Black Sea demo (I know this is Fortress Italy forum area but didn't want to start brand new "dupe" topic). Just check out that UI size in scale comparison.