Latest Patch for CMBN?

I do wonder though when the next one is coming roughly? I haven't spotted any official news on the matter.

Some rather big issues are in the game that ought to be fixed. Hope I won't have to wait until 2.0 engine arrives although I've read some inherent issues were ported over to Fortress Italy.

CMBN v1.11 Patch (free, no charge) will come out fairly soon after Italy ships. CMBN v2.00 Upgrade ($10) will probably come out a couple months after. CMBN Market Garden, without the Upgrade, will probably come out a couple of months later.

Theoretically they'd want to shoe-horn in the v1.11 patch before the v2.0 upgrade, though I don't know if doing that would make matters more or less confusing. You can already see the very pretty reworked Comonwealth Wespe in CMFI. And Marder I, Lynx and KT are due to get the same treatment. I wonder if they're going to retrofit Stuarts and M8 ACs with canister.

Wondering the same about the canister. Just using it now in CMFI. Bloody hellfire. Poor troops is all I can think. And then we want to fry them as well with FTs!

Gerry

Theoretically they'd want to shoe-horn in the v1.11 patch before the v2.0 upgrade, though I don't know if doing that would make matters more or less confusing. You can already see the very pretty reworked Comonwealth Wespe in CMFI. And Marder I, Lynx and KT are due to get the same treatment. I wonder if they're going to retrofit Stuarts and M8 ACs with canister.

• 1 year later...

Hello All:

Thinking about installing CMBN again because of Bil's training scenarios. I realize I will have to buy the 2.0 engine upgrade or the MG + Upgrade bundle.

Assume I am starting the install with the original CMBN. Do I need to install a series of patches too or is it a case of the original CD plus the 2.0 engine upgrade? I am confused!

Bil also mentions CMBN 2.10. I believe this means a future patch after the engine upgrade?

Thanks,

Gerry

I just install it now and it put the game folder and PBEM folders in the C:\Users\username\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission Battle for Normandy folder. So both folders are in the same location.

Gerry

Strange - that is CMFI's trick. It makes running multiple versions extremely difficult because the older games show up as playable in the newer installs and you can accidentally upgrade. When the first patch to CMFI came out I asked them to change it so it was configurable in the install. I really hope they do that otherwise or PBEM lives are going to become more and more complicated.