Tanks cover two arcs now?

I remember reading a while back that the intention for CMFI was to ensure that bow gunners and main gunners could target two different arcs. Thus the bow gunner could engage to his front while the main gunner could engage to the sides.

Did this get fixed? I may have missed it in the feature list.

Even CMBO worked that way. And in CMx2 there's no limits: Sherman's main gunner could be engaging a target to the left, the bow machinegunner a target to the front and the commander using the rear-facing AAMG a target to the right. Likewise every man in an infantry squad can engage different targets in multiple directions.

I remember reading a while back that the intention for CMFI was to ensure that bow gunners and main gunners could target two different arcs.

Do you have a link to that? I've never heard of that* being an intention.

Thus the bow gunner could engage to his front while the main gunner could engage to the sides.

Tanks have never not been able to engage multiple targets.

Did this get fixed? I may have missed it in the feature list.

It's hard to fix something that wasn't broken ;)

Jon

* if "that" equals "setting two seperate target arcs for one vehicle."

Yeah, don't know what this is all about either :D CMx2 has always, since early CMSF beta days, allowed any unit to engage multiple targets concurrently. Doesn't matter if we're talking about a Squad or a Tank. But never has the player been able to designate multiple targets for any single unit. And I've never, ever said it was our intention to change that because... it's not our intention to ever change that ;)

Steve

I think you guys aren't talking about the same thing.

The OP talks about radio operator's bow MG and the gunner's coax MG.

Subsequent posters talk about the commander's .50cal and one of the others.

I thought the OP was talking about an MG and the main gun?

(Who cares, at all, since the answer is given, but just since you mentioned it :) )

GaJ