Cmx2 2.0 more flexible modding?

From the features list.

"Expanded Soldier details. A completely new way of assigning models and textures allows greater flexibility and variety of how Soldiers look in the game. It also allows for more flexible Modding possibilities."

What exactly does the bolded part of the description entail? Looking at the alpha screens I notice the US soldiers no longer have any back packs at all so it doesn't seem like it would be about mixing up their packs/equipment...unless that's just not implemented right now. (I am one of the guys that actually likes that some of the CMBN soldiers have packs btw.) And right now to get varied US unis and helmets we just add numbers to the bmps which is pretty straight forward. So, what does the more flexible part mean to us modders.

Mord.

That would be cool but the only equipment that would be left (if the packs are no longer in the game) wouldn't be much...at least for the US. A shovel and canteen and maybe a knife?

Mord.

There is no ability to influence the 3D representations with the new game features. The majority of the improvements we made to the Soldiers and equipment are completely invisible to you guys in terms of the mechanics. However, the end result is there are a LOT more models in the game now. Which means you can do things like change a hat or uniform and have it, perhaps, apply to a smaller subset of all Soldiers.

We also have coded things like allowing different Services (Waffen SS, Heer, Luftwaffe, etc) to have their own equipment textures. Not needed for the most part, but it does allow things like having Luftwaffe soldiers with brown leather stuff and Waffen SS with their own camouflage Zeltbhans on their backs.

Overall, though, these changes so far are mostly to improve backend production stuff. Which is why you now have more variety for less effort on our artist's part.

And this gets us about 80% of the way towards having highly customizable textures, such as unit patches, ranks, end user specified Mods for a particular scenario. That stuff will almost certainly be in Upgrade 3.0.

Steve

And this gets us about 80% of the way towards having highly customizable textures, such as unit patches, ranks, end user specified Mods for a particular scenario. That stuff will almost certainly be in Upgrade 3.0.

Steve

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. AND You probably just gave Darknight a coronary.

So, will that apply towards vehicles? I posed this question in another thread but it got buried.

"As it stands we can have multiple vehicle textures but their various BMPs get randomized. We are one step away from having the BMPs stay with each other; hull 6 with turret 6, hull 2 with turret 2 etc....has this been implemented. Is this part of the new modding function?"

Mord.

No coronary, but this is good news (down the road....as he mentioned v3.0 and we aren't even in v2.0 quite yet).

This would certainly reduce the size of the mods I'm producing (btw, look for the 49th [done], 15th [almost done] and 43rd [underway] this weekend, maybe 53rd), which might result in more people downloading them. ;)

No coronary, but this is good news (down the road....as he mentioned v3.0 and we aren't even in v2.0 quite yet).

Yeah, man. Maybe in a year you'll be able to put insignia on the unis and they'll be accurate to the soldier's rank

This would certainly reduce the size of the mods I'm producing (btw, look for the 49th [done], 15th [almost done] and 43rd [underway] this weekend, maybe 53rd), which might result in more people downloading them. ;)

I'll be watching. I am in the process of organizing the 50th Division as we speak.

Mord.