•Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool

•Camera Jump to Groups

•Target Briefly Command

•New Rendering Shaders

•Bump and Normal Mapping

•Improved Framerates

•Pausable Realtime TCP/IP Mode

•...and more!

I didn't see this mentioned so a presume it's negative, but I hope to god it is in. Will version 2 have decals? So we can have different unit patches on soldiers and also damage decals?

Like some sort of sticker included in the tin-case? Cool idea! Paste it on your bumper, up on a bus, in the loo at work, anywhere you want to announce "I play BF.C!" Yes, indeed, we need to get Steve to toss some decals into the pre-order cases.

;)

Ken

The list of features is mind blowing I agree..would like some decals though. I thought the new method of Inf modelling may have been it, though it would apply to other units aswell so prob not.

Ken I suppose he could through in some damage decals I could stick to the screen when a tank is hit. Trouble is I 'd be spending most my time moving stickers around and it will probably make a mess of my screen. Good idea other than tthat though.

From the 'wots new' page

Expanded Soldier details. A completely new way of assigning models and textures allows greater flexibility and variety of how Soldiers look in the game. It also allows for more flexible Modding possibilities.

I noticed some decals in some shots. Troops with 82nd AB Div. patches. Sure there will be plenty of mods too.

Those are not decals. 82nd Airborne was the only airborne division in the Sicily campaign, so use of their patch on the airborne skin is not a problem.

Doesn't the fact that FI includes the Hermann Goering Division with its distinctive orange hues imply that the game will offer the option to assign decals? Otherwise, what's the point? Maybe some modder will come up will come up with a HQ unit featuring the portly, drug addled Reichsmarschall himself. Aris?

Doesn't the fact that FI includes the Hermann Goering Division with its distinctive orange hues imply that the game will offer the option to assign decals? Otherwise, what's the point? Maybe some modder will come up will come up with a HQ unit featuring the portly, drug addled Reichsmarschall himself. Aris?

I don't know why this would be so....it could simply be a different sub-formation with it's own BMP texture references.