Is there a way to minimize or toggle out of the game...

without having to save the game, quit and end? Am thinking of a minimize button or similar. Was playing the demo last night, and I kept getting Skype chat blurbs, but had no way to get out of the game quickly to check them (fleetingly displayed, too fast to read them), then get back in--without all the annoying rigamarole. Did CMx1 have a way to do this, or was I simply not dealing with Skype chat then , so it didn't matter?

Regards,

John Kettler

The menu said use esc, then Alt-Tab, but it doesn't work on my iMac! Rats! Something's clearly amiss here and needs to be fixed, methinks.

The "thing" that needs fixing is the PEBKAS error you're experiencing.

The "thing" that needs fixing is the PEBKAS error you're experiencing.

On a Mac if you have Spaces running, you can Command-arrow to the next space and have your email/skype/chat or whatever else running there. When you Command-reversearrow back to the CM Space, you won't see it, but just click on it in the Dock and it will reappear. This is with Lion on a MacBook Pro, but Spaces has been around for a while - it's just more automatic now.

Variety of ways to minimize out of CMBN on a Mac and switch to another app. Assuming the other app you want to switch to is already running, probably the easiest thing to do is to activate Mission Control and then switch. You can activate Mission Control by hitting F3 on any Apple keyboard. Or, if you're using a trackpad as I do, you can also set 3-finger swipe to activate Mission Control. If you're using a multi-touch compatible Mouse, you can set two-finger double-tap to activate Mission Control. Look in your trackpad or mouse settings in System Preference.