Point me to the best sounds mod for CMBN + Commonwealth

This chap did an absolutely amazing sound mod for the base module - it really was excellent. But he hasn't updated it to fully support the CW module.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=101596&highlight=sound

I hope he does come back and continue his work.

AKD also produced some sound mods AFAIK but I haven't used these ones yet.

• 1 year later...

Waclaw's isn't bad, but I still like Stephson's for some sounds - idling tanks for instance.

I also preferred his Tank-getting-hit-sound - still looking for it to copy back.

Also, although Waclaw's Driving Tank sound seems better ( more clanky I think ), they do make a strange "chunk-chunk" noise every so often - I have no idea what that's supposed to represent - gear changes or something else ? Anyone know ? Do tanks really make that sound ?

Wow. I just tried the sound mod above and IMHO it is the best one out there!

The arty is GREAT. Tank engines and MG42 & 34 as well top notch.

I don't like the 30 cals though or the sound of the mortar tubes shooting.

I do hopw he updates for 1.10

check my 30cal sounds

download here http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2726

If it's what I think you're talking about, it sounded to me like dirt/rocks being thrown up by the tracks and hitting the tank.

for light wheeled and tracked vehicles - added sounds of driving through the grass / paved (heavy and medium tracked vehicles are too heavy to hear it) for heavy vehicles, added various noises, creaking, etc.. - I think he was talking about here;)

I quite like Waclaw sounds, but really don't like the ambient background noises. I'd actually prefer silence and only be able to hear the gun fire and artillery explosions from the battle actually taking place. Is there a reasonably easy way for me to remove this?

edit: nevermind. I replaced the background sounds with the files from Mords no music mod.

I have tried, as far as I know, every sound mod out there. I've spent several months with them. Each are good and have their great points.

Right now I am preferring the latest and shiniest, I don't know if it has to do with actual sound quality or simply the fact that it is new and thus interesting to the ear. Or the fact that I upgraded my sound gear. :D

Still got all of them on my HD.

Also, it's always fun when someone comes out of lurking and posts again.

I have tried, as far as I know, every sound mod out there. I've spent several months with them. Each are good and have their great points.

Right now I am preferring the latest and shiniest, I don't know if it has to do with actual sound quality or simply the fact that it is new and thus interesting to the ear. Or the fact that I upgraded my sound gear. :D

Still got all of them on my HD.

Also, it's always fun when someone comes out of lurking and posts again.

Yes, im thinking about buying CM:BN again (since my old purchase was only for the 1.0 version) now that i have a job.

But im also wondering about CM:FI... oh decisions decisions...

And it doesnt help that im re-watching band of brothers :/

@Oddball_E8, I Don't think you need to purchase CMBN again ... I believe you can just purchase the upgrade for $10.00 ....

Another consideration is that the MG module will be coming out soon :rolleyes: which I'm guessing you'll be able to purchase at the standard module price of $35.00. This should also upgrade your CMBN to the current release.

@Oddball_E8, I Don't think you need to purchase CMBN again ... I believe you can just purchase the upgrade for $10.00 ....

Another consideration is that the MG module will be coming out soon :rolleyes: which I'm guessing you'll be able to purchase at the standard module price of $35.00. This should also upgrade your CMBN to the current release.

Well poop... i just spent 103$ on the CM:BN/Commonwealth bundle and then the 2.0 upgrade :(

oh well... live and learn or something... (aka. i wont be buying MG any time soon :/ )