Wish List....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOPS! Sorry Clark!

I could've sworn Vin made that!

That's pretty cool looking. But you spelled it "roaster". LOL. Something like that would be nice as long as it could be toggled.

Mord.

OOPS! Sorry Clark!

I could've sworn Vin made that!

That's pretty cool looking. But you spelled it "roaster". LOL. Something like that would be nice as long as it could be toggled.

Mord.

LoL! I am a PINHEAD! I am a lousy speller, and even lousy typer, a lousy proofreader, and I had just had a martini this eve before making that so I may be a bit roasted :). When I was a kid in school I cheated on lots of spelling test, and now I have cheated myself with the typing, and spelling age we live in. Dam spell check didn’t pick it up because that is a word too! Beyond the spelling I would consider myself rather intelligent, but now I have to fix and upload In a new thread so a good idea doesn’t have wart on it. I would like to see more feedback on the concept anyway. ROSTER.

Yes, it could be minimized. Click roster and it disappears. Click again and it drops down. Ideally the scroll bar should be on the right side instead, and in the lower left corner would be a drag button that the player could resize the box to preference. It could be half screen as shown, smaller, or the length of the screen. Also, I feel a more orange yellow would read better so graphically I think I can improve the design including my horrible spelling.

Dam King! It ain’t Deer. It’s Dear! Dam you dumb!

That’s all right, she don’t read so good no how.

“Platoon”

(Okay, funny time over: the listed HOTKEYS are overlooked, frequently. Bottom right UI, select MENUS, then select HOTKEYS. You'll see ALT-J listed among many other helpful shortcuts.)

Ken

He he, you are funny. Thank oyu, I'll enjoy the game more now! :P

Three things which frustrate me especially if I have to manage many troops:

1) when in plotting mode a click on the icon of another unit should change to that unit

current behaviour: plot a waypoint to the place 'behind' the icon

why: saves a click per unit

what can go wrong: if you actually wanted to plot behind another icon you would need to rotate first

2) reduce the 'double click time' to select all members of a squad

current: more than half a second

why: the time sounds short but is comparably long - especially when I play with the trackpad I very often accidentally select the whole squad and plot for all

what can go wrong: as long as it is not reduced too much - nothing

3) when several units are selected and you press backspace don't delete all waypoints

current: all waypoints are deleted

why: when only one unit is selected backspace deletes just one waypoint - this should be consistent

what can go wrong: you would have to press backspace several times to delete several waypoints

• 2 weeks later...

Two wishes concerning sound:

1) when CM is send to the background the sound output is cut off as it should. Exception: when you load a scenario the music continues to play . This should not happen. (yes, I know I could mod the sound completely out but that is not the point).

2) something different: it would be nice to be able to turn off/on the motor of vehicles. Would be very useful for ambushes or scouting missions. The mechanism UI wise would be the same as deploy/undeploy fo guns. Extra points for not being able to turn it on in cold weather! :)

when you load a scenario the music continues to play .

Odd, that is different from what I have experienced. On my machine the music runs for about 30s and then stops no matter what I do to focus.

2) something different: it would be nice to be able to turn off/on the motor of vehicles.

I though that is what the Hide command does for vehicles. I have to admit I have not actually tried it but I thought I read that some where.

I should check that out.

Odd, that is different from what I have experienced. On my machine the music runs for about 30s and then stops no matter what I do to focus.

I'm using OSX - there might be a difference in behaviour.

I though that is what the Hide command does for vehicles. I have to admit I have not actually tried it but I thought I read that some where.

I should check that out.

I checked both the CM and the CW manual. Nothing in CW and this in CM:

"Vehicles - vehicles will hold fire and not move, trying to keep a low noise profile. Hiding vehicles that are struck by a projectile, or that spot an enemy vehicle targeting them, will automatically un-hide."

Didn't know that and will come handy sometime. But its not motor off unfortunately.

"Vehicles - vehicles will hold fire and not move, trying to keep a low noise profile. Hiding vehicles that are struck by a projectile, or that spot an enemy vehicle targeting them, will automatically un-hide."

Didn't know that and will come handy sometime. But its not motor off unfortunately.

Low noise signature and NOT cutting the engine? How is that possible? Is the crew whispering?

Today's wishes are about icons and moving:

1)

I would like to be able to target sound contact icons (to be more precise: the known sound contacts of the firing unit).

Why: often you would like to put some bullets where you heard suspicious noises. But often you don't have LOS to the place, because the ground of that AS is behind a wall/hedge/terrain. And sometimes the over/undershoot trick won't work either.

Would it be gamey? IMHO no. Its what troops would do in RL. Even if you don't have a chance to hit anything it gets at least some heads down and that may be all you want.

2)

Another icon mode that shows only confirmed contacts. Now its no icons / only unconfirmed (what use is that btw?) / all icons.

Why: in large battles with bad C2 you will have dozens of unconfirmed contacts. These will obstruct the things you can actually shoot on (unless 1))

3)

A unit with a 'Normal' move order should immediately hit the dirt when being shot upon and not try to reach their destination. I understand that the 'Normal' order does not put much pressure on the unit to reach the destination. 'Fast' being this 'go there not matter the cost' and 'Quick' being in between that.

My wishlist?

1. Scrounging. Plucking potatomashers from dead Germans for use against their living comrades would be nice.

2. Flamethrowers.

3. H2H combat. Give them cold steel!! They did in CC. Why the fudge not here?

4, A MUCH, much revamped targeting model. I should not have my LOS to a building blocked by a low hedge. It insults my interrigence.

• 3 months later...

My wishlist for CMx2:

- medics

- a camo net to hide AT guns and Flaks

- 2 cm Flak

- more effective and faster turning 88 Flak

(the most feared and best gun of WWII is nearly useless in Combat Mission)

- 88 Flak "on wheels"

- German "Sonder Kraftfahrzeug" SdKfz 10 and 11

to tow 88 guns

- possibility of splitting squads down to the single man

- more different ammo, handgrenades and panzerfausts within the vehicles

- motorcycles and motorcycles w/ sidecar

- slower turning tank turrets

- tanks should be operated by the crews instead of acting like self operated/automatic "Terminator2 machines"

- German Horch Kfz 69, 70 + 81

- extra polygone model for American commanders

- extra polygone model for Waffen-SS soldier with camo smock

- horses and wagons

- more natural look of "hunting" soldiers (currently they are looking as if they had sh****n their pants *gg!)

- command button for "throw handgrenade"

- hand-to-hand fights like in CMx1

- better sound for firearms (currently machine pistols sound like plastic guns)