Mujahideen sprites in Shock Force

If you mean modding up a mujahideen force in CMSF so you can recreate NATO vs Taliban, it's been talked about but never actually done to my knowledge. If you own CMA (I don't) I suppose it's theoretically possible to repoint the Uncon models to adopt CMA moojie textures but again, that's a matter of figuring out model swapping; only a couple of folks here have done that and they're mainly busy with CMBN at present.

BFC claims they are finished with CMSF, and probably with the Middle Eastern setting; future modern warfare CM games will likely use the next generation "CMx3" engine.

Releasing CMSF for the Mac was an unexpected pleasant surprise, and I guess it's possible we might see one more patch subsequent to that release if there are bugfixes needed, but I doubt it will add or backport any functionality for PC users.

Too bad, because I'd personally pay for such a patch, or even pay a full $50 for CMA if it were to become a CMSF-compatible module.... especially if some of the CMA features like tanks able to roll through walls were to become available. But that would be problematic since it might (a) create problems with the existing content and (B) people lacking the patch probably wouldn't be able to play those who had it.

But I accept that the market for this is also likely to be small. BFC is a small shop and needs to keep moving forward.

Yeah, it's too bad that we won't see any new modern stuff for a long time at the least, I've grown to really love CMSF. There's just so much variety between the different forces and scenarios that it makes CMBN look a tad (just a tad) bland, even with CW. Hopefully the Market Garden module will have some good urban combat scenarios and maybe some tweaks to make urban fighting more fun (fingers crossed for firing zooks/shreks from buildings and better rubble).

Indeed.

Appreciate that I've come a bit a late to the CMSF party. I'm really enjoying all of the Shock Force content and am playing it more than CMBN at the moment.

Muj models are available in the CMA demo. I just wasn't sure if Battlefront were allowing cross overs in mods, for example.....

Talib.jpg

Talib2.jpg

Well I think its a mod. While I never saw any men over there with an SA-80 per se, I wouldnt be surprised if a few are around there considering a few variants werent too popular with the troops. I mean they have quite a variety over there so one more wouldnt hurt.

Hopefully the Market Garden module will have some good urban combat scenarios and maybe some tweaks to make urban fighting more fun (fingers crossed for firing zooks/shreks from buildings and better rubble).

Shreks and Zooks shouldnt be fired from buildings in the first place, well unless you were trapped, suicidal or hated the men in your unit and wanted them offed with extreme prejudice. I can give you the reasoning thats obvious, like choking smoke, overpressure causing concussive effects, or setting the house on fire. I can also state the not so obvious as it's tactically a misuse of a weapon system designed to fire and get the f*ck out of there because you are now the object of the enemies affection. It's unrealistic and wont change.

BFC has been agnostic on this topic; if someone were to get into the guts of the engine to create a decemt quality WWII game on the CMSF engine for example, complete with Shermans and Tigers behaving with their accurate specs (as opposed to M1s and T72s that happen to look like Tigers), they might well object. But they are not threatened economically by cosmetic changes (e.g.mods)

Also, BFC are wargamers themselves, from way back, as opposed to overlawyered corporate lemon-squeezers. A large part of the history of the hobby is geeky kids making up their own maps, units and house rules. You've clearly poked around the forums enough to see the rich content provided, unpaid, by community members. This delivers a benefit to their product without stealing bread from their mouths.

Bottom line: I doubt they object much to repointing figures from the demo, so long as you own at least one of their products. Might be better to buy CMA though, since Snowball might have a different view.

Well if you also happen to create and upload some terrific new CMSF content based on NATO action in Helmand then I'm sure it will be forgiven. The mythical Syria invasion backstory has been largely overtaken by real events (NATO ground (intervention in their deepening civil war seems highly unlikely), such content will be extremely welcome. There's plenty of life left in this game!

On Repository there's is my 'African theater mod pack', put together to extend the title to sub-saharan Africa. The reworked fighters in the pack may be the wrong ethnic group but they're really bad-ass. :D Maybe you can think of them as Somali mercenary fighters with Al Qaeda ties. :)

Actually, I don't recall if they're part of the pack, a standalone mod or both.

AfPackFighter_Screensht.jpg

Great work! I'm thinking that pictures I've seen of the Taliban show them sporting a mix of traditional garb and modern paramilitary gear they've picked up in Peshawar. Is it possible to mix and match this mod Mord's awesome Mixed Combatants mod? Some bareheaded or young beardless faces would also make them look a little more human; that's why I like Mord's mod in place of the 100% hooded terrorist look.