why candian soldiers don't speak French ?

While I agree that they don't need to speak French, I will admit that I lose a little of the Immersion factor when I hear the southern American drawl come out of the Canadian ("take a look at that", anyone?). Admittedly, it is nitpicky.

Maybe' I'll make my own mod. They could "take a look at that, eh" or "take a look at that, ya hoser." :)

Bob

a'boot time ya got on that, Lt Smash, eh?

Funny thing is I still cannot tell my own accent on the word "about". I lived in Redmond WA for four years and many people I met upon hearing me say about would light up and say "oh, I though something was different about you - you're Canadian". On several occasions I had my friends try to show me the difference and I could never hear it. I though I sounded just like them. That caused no end of laughter on their part:D

I just cannot do an American accent.

I'm pretty sure that someone said about CMSF that although the game came with the Canadians using the US voices they are actually different voice files and can be modded. I assume the same holds true for CMBN, I'd love for some Canadian to undertake the task. Of course then all the Canadians will sound as if they came from your part of Canada. :)

You forgot a few...

27th Armoured Regiment (Fusiliers de Sherbrooke)

Régiment de Maisonneuve

Fusiliers Mont-Royal

All in Normandy by July 1944.

Thanks, appears that la Chaudière regiment was the only Canadian Francophone unit to participate in the D-Day landings, not the only one to be deployed in Normandy.