Commandos?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw me a bone, someone, pretty please. I am having trouble with the install, so i have to rely on the kindness of strangers. :) Does the CW TO&E include the British Commando units in Normandy?

Also, how many 6th Airborne scenarios?

Thank you, kind strangers!

6th Airborne scenarios???? there isn't any mjkerner, apart from a very very tiny Varville map. Which to be fair is not worth bothering with.

6th Airborne scenarios???? there isn't any mjkerner, apart from a very very tiny Varville map. Which to be fair is not worth bothering with.

That is not kind. No, it sure will not feel his wish list for Airborne action, But it was the first one I played, fun little battle, quick and not so easy.

The scenarios in general look better made this time around.

That is not kind. No, it sure will not feel his wish list for Airborne action, But it was the first one I played, fun little battle, quick and not so easy.

The scenarios in general look better made this time around.

slysniper, I am glad you liked it but I am not being unkind, it is in my opinion a very poor scenario. I will let mjkerner decide for himself when he gets the module going. I am quite sure he will also be disappointed with the lack of Airborne scenarios.

He like me wanted to see more airborne scenarios alongside the introduction of the Commandos.

LOL semantics...BUT I should've known better with this crowd!

Yep. Uploaded and waiting. Already up at GAJ's site.

Mord.

Time to visit Cmmods then :) cheers Mord. Does it change every helmet to a beret or just a selection..say officers only? Is it possible just to change the officers only?

Nope, it's all helmets changed to berets, like in CMBO. I think originally the beret was meant to be for officers, though...but as of now, there's no officer BMP like with the Germs. It might be possible to mix helmets with berets throughout a squad but it's a headache PIA beyond my skills...this was the dirtiest mod I've ever made...friggin' drove me insane and right when I was about to give up, I figured it out. The work around wasn't pretty but it works fine...LOL you'll definitely know if you don't follow the instructions correctly cause you'll end up with a US helmet sticking out of some of your guy's chins.

Mord.

Nope, it's all helmets changed to berets, like in CMBO. I think originally it was meant to be for officers, though...but as of now, there's no officer BMP like with the Germs. It might be possible to mix helmets with berets throughout a squad but it's a headache PIA beyond my skills...this was the dirtiest mod I've ever made...friggin' drove me insane and right when I was about to give up, I figured it out. The work around wasn't pretty but it works fine...LOL you'll definitely know if you don't follow the instructions correctly cause you'll end up with a US helmet sticking out of some of your guy's chins.

Mord.

Ha ha ha I appreciate your effort Mord thanks. Hopefully someone else can figure out how to make it officers only. That way we can have a nice mix

You're welcome.

I meant to say I think the beret was originally meant for officers but BFC changed something...the BMP still exists for it but there's nothing in the game utilizing it.

There's actually no way to mod it for just officers because there are no separate officer uniform and helmet/hat for the Brits.

Mord.

You're welcome.

I meant to say I think the beret was originally meant for officers but BFC changed something...the BMP still exists for it but there's nothing in the game utilizing it.

There's actually no way to mod it for just officers because there are no separate officer uniform and helmet/hat for the Brits.

Mord.

That's a bummer..just tried your mod, a great job the berets look really good.

Of course that "worthless" scenario took someone many hours of work, and many people appreciate having small scenarios that can be played in a single short sitting. You sure are critical for someone who expects others to do so much for him.

Of course that took someone many hours of work, and many people appreciate having small scenarios that can be played in a single setting. You sure are critical for someone who expects others to do so much for him.

Wind your neck in akd.

I see, so even though i have paid my hard earned cash. I am still not allowed to be critical of a map that is part of the game and not a mod made for me personally.

If you bothered to look around the forum you will not find me criticising any of the modders. Whether or not i choose to use their mods or not. Infact, i often post my thanks and admitration for their work.

There was no "officer beret." Evidence points to widespread use of helmets by officers and enlisted in combat. Some individuals wore their berets in combat (and others probably put them on for the cameras), but there is no way to apply that consistently. Since most troopers wore helmets in combat, that is the appropriate depiction. However, BFC included all the files needed to replace the helmets with berets at the user's discretion.