Cathedral Attempt

I used Wikipedia for the specs.

Cross shape. East/West orientation with entrance to the West and altar on East side(so windows catch morning sun). Naves make the cross areas N and S. Spires because I can. Found the Bamberg and said "score... 4 spires".

The railway is only 200 or so meters North. The industrial/commercial area was constructed first, along the railway and back around towards the cathedral/square. There will be more buildings nearby, but sometimes towns grow out away from cathedrals rather than around them.

No telling how many towns have come and gone since the thing was built. ;)

The town is Schultzberg. :D It is my WIP for a static CM1-style H2H Operation. Think of it as a campaign without breaks between battles. We have no persistant campaign damage, H2H campaigns, or static operations, so I am building an all-in-one 3 hour battle.

-

I thought Cathedrals where more the religous cross shape than a + shape.

looks great though. A ahame the game didn't come with dieeferent church graphics. From the country village church to the city church (say based on Amiens) upto cathedral (more ornate).

I also find the church graphic at the moment to be very slate grey when going by the Church in the pic and others I've seen (though not necessarly France) they are more sandstone colour...anyone fancy modding it?

Yeah LLF, I saw all those connecting structures. I toyed with the idea of including them as well, but the thought of how many troops that would soak up to clear the structures changed my mind. ;) I used Bamberg as a reference point, then moved on in Shultzland.

It is just one of a few VLs and I don't want it to take too many resources away from other tasks.

The engine and editor are constraints enough. If I put historical accuracy into my tactical problems, I would be even more of a lunatic than I am now. :D As long as the environment is immersive and the tactical problems are realistic I am happy.