Lighter Side Requests

- Unknown Axis armor is for the most part not identified with a question mark or whatever. The game engine just default depicts all Axis tanks as Tigers. This actually is an excellent idea I think...

That, and when playing as the American forces, all German artillery pieces become some form of an 88mm gun.

If a scenario takes place in late September - early October, Germans lose a skill level due to being drunk from Oktoberfest celebrations.

So, I'm currently re-reading Donald Burgett's "Screaming Eagles". There's a part in the book where they're defending a town on D-Day and they lay some Hawkins mines on the road in case tanks attack. Cows were roaming freely in this particular area and cow patties were all over the place. So what do the enterprising paratroopers do to hide the mines? They put cow patties on top of them. It worked well enough to fool a local farmer in a horse drawn cart - fortunately the farmer missed the deadly patties.

So, I think in addition to cows, BFC will need to add movable cow patties.

If US forces are compatible with the Commonwealth module and it is possible to have Yanks and Tommies on the same battlefield, C3 between those units takes a hit because of the "two nations divided by a common language" factor. Moreover, the lower the command level of the interfacing units the greater the C3 hit.

This would replicate the relative ease with which a US officer from a decent East coast university would comprehend what his Oxbridge-educated officer counterpart was saying, while privates from say a Mississipi national guard unit and a Scots infantry battalion for all practical purposes spoke languages fully unintelligible to each other, although technically both were called English.

I've actually experienced this first hand in London.A gent with a thick Irish brogue and me fresh off the plane Kiwi accent.We could make out that we were both using English but that was about it.

So, I think in addition to cows, BFC will need to add movable cow patties.

They're not in the Fortifications menu already? It's an outrage! How long will Battlefront leave this problem unaddressed! How long, I say! :) :)

- US infantry NCOs rated elite are able to fire M2 .50 from the hip.

And have an unlit cigar in their mouth, along with either a belt of .30 cal MG ammo draped over their shoulders or an eyepatch over one eye, depending on whether the player prefers DC or Marvel.

I like the idea of buying an Elite M5A1 unit with a unique, dare I say almost supernatural ability to spot trouble before it happens.

Having a G.I. Robot or the Creature Commandoes for purchase in Quick Battle might be asking too much though, but I can always dream...

Well the Eastern Front module has got to have those dastardly Rumanians: Fiends of the Eastern Front.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiends_of_the_eastern_front

Of course, purchasing silver ammunition is going to have points issues in a QB.

In the comic, the central character melted down a huge silver cross (found in a Russian church) to make enough ammo for his MG42. He was up all night doing it (and blew it all in less than a minute) so I'm not sure how practical this is within the timeframe of the game. Mind you, some of you lot want repairing imobilized vehicles and traversable bocage so it'd be best if BFC just put it in to avoid the inevitable flak...

;)

1. Every once in awhile, a graphic where a soldier in the woods takes a leak on a tree.

Also included should be a graphic that is activated when soldiers are transported in a truck. This will depict a soldier having a leak over the tailgate.

MOST IMPORTANT For true authenticity the soldier should be shown aiming sideways from one corner or the other. This is to prevent the slip-stream blowing his deposit back into the truck:eek::eek:

SLR