Compiled CMBN issues

Leaders do always seem to be the first killed.

FWIW, over the last seven years, The Rifles have had 53 men from their various battalions killed in Afghanistan. In terms of ranks, that breaks down as:

Capt (OF-2): 1

Lt (OF-1): 2

Clr Sjt (OR-7): 1

Sjt (OR-6): 5

Cpl (OR-4): 8

LCpl (OR-3): 8

Rifleman (OR-1): 27

In other words, half of all KIA in The Rifles have been 'commanders'.

Across the Marines and Army from 2002-2011, there've been 370 fatal cas, of which 166 were privates. 204 were 'commanders.'

(apply any caveats you want here regardinjg Afghanistan 2004-2011 not being NWE 1944-45, total war vs insurgency, etc. The point I'm trying to illustrate is that casualties really are concentrated amongst 'commanders'.)

I mentioned this in another thread but should go here...trigger men on machine gun crews have a tendency to align themselves to the side of the weapon instead of behind it.

Flavor objects are disappearing from the map when you exit from map view back into the editor and then go back into map view, later on.

Mord.

That was noticed before but I think this tread it's good to remember it:

- Destroyed vehicles are immovable

For exemple, one destroyed jeep can block the way of the big Tiger tank. I Have see videos were people use this to block the way in streets

Oh! one request for future Commonwealthmodule : motorbikes

greetings

There are about 400,000 thousand words written in the old CMX1 forums as to why that won't ever happen...along with horses and bicycles and the mystical Bren quadpod.

Mord.

That was noticed before but I think this tread it's good to remember it:

- Destroyed vehicles are immovable

For exemple, one destroyed jeep can block the way of the big Tiger tank. I Have see videos were people use this to block the way in streets

greetings

Ah yes I remember in ole CMx1 how you could just nudge disabled vehicles aside barely a problem at all.I do recall thinking why did they have all those recovery vehicles?

Although I suppose recovery and clearing the road are two different things.

Shifting or recovering a disabled tank or even a half track that was blocking an access way while under fire would've been a mammoth task I imagine,hell you could probably do a whole scenario based around that very action-hmm wasn't there something in CMSF about some tank that had to be recovered or something-I digress.

But I guess a jeep ain't gonna stop a Tiger tank.I can see a future CM incarnation complete with appropriate graphics where light vehicles are squashed under the tracks of mighty Panzers.In fact I picture myself in the hopefully not too distant future spending hours lining up jeeps in the editor and driving Tigers backwards and forwards.

OMG my life's come to this.

Re trees damaged, am glad to hear that.

But, I see HE rounds being detonated by trees at exactly the same spot for a whole WEGO round until I give up shooting to save wasting the ammo. So, if the trees are being damaged why does the 2nd HE onwards not get thru ok?

Re trees damaged, am glad to hear that.

But, I see HE rounds being detonated by trees at exactly the same spot for a whole WEGO round until I give up shooting to save wasting the ammo. So, if the trees are being damaged why does the 2nd HE onwards not get thru ok?

It often takes more than one HE round to take out a tree, but they DO get taken out by heavy caliber fire. There's an example of it in my first VAAR, with a tree being destroyed by a 76mm Sherman.

Personally, I think trees should disappear much more easily, and it would be nice if they left a stump behind, but that last part is probably beyond what the engine is capable of.

150mm Infantry Gun will turn an undamaged "D" tree into mulch in one shot. Not even a stump left.

Trees have varying degrees of visible/actual damage.

Leaves blown off. Lets more MG fire through but still stops same amount of HE.

Just the main trunk. It is now a flagpole with all the same LOS/LOF attributes of same.

Just plain gone. That's all she wrote.

-