valleyb.jpg

New CMBN view on "Plomville"

valleyc.jpg

Full map view

valleye.jpg

The right place for BIG explosions...

valleyd.jpg

...and heroic actions.

Available at a Repository near you on Wednesday, the 22th of June 2011.

(Still testing the AI settings now)

Final scenario can be played from US or German side and should be great fun

as H2H or Quick Battle map too.

Cheers

Tom

never played the first, but the rolling hills look intriguing.

Why, way back in the olden days we had Valley of Trouble for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we were damn glad to have it, too. Why, I remember walking uphill, both ways, through that map and stumbling over pixels that were so big that it took a month of Sundays just to get around them. We didn't have no fancy "call for fire" to help us out none, neither...there was none of that new fangled linear or point targeting, we just had these FO's that moved their heads back and forth like LEGO men and had binoculars that looked like two big fat Tootsie rolls duct taped together, and that was it.

Oh, and them crazy engineers would shoot big, square gobs of fire at you, and everything burned, and those big blocky enemy soldiers had knives and clubs they would use on you...I tell you, it's all different nowadays, 'ceptin' mebbe the voices...anywho, that's how I met your mother.

Looks very nice. Thanks for making it.

Why, way back in the olden days we had Valley of Trouble for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we were damn glad to have it, too. Why, I remember walking uphill, both ways, through that map and stumbling over pixels that were so big that it took a month of Sundays just to get around them. We didn't have no fancy "call for fire" to help us out none, neither...there was none of that new fangled linear or point targeting, we just had these FO's that moved their heads back and forth like LEGO men and had binoculars that looked like two big fat Tootsie rolls duct taped together, and that was it.

Oh, and them crazy engineers would shoot big, square gobs of fire at you, and everything burned, and those big blocky enemy soldiers had knives and clubs they would use on you...I tell you, it's all different nowadays, 'ceptin' mebbe the voices...anywho, that's how I met your mother.

Someone get this old coot the therapy cat. Put Mr. Biggles on his lap to calm him before he's gets too excited and sht's himself.

Actually, id like to see even more elevation differences (ie sharper elevations) since the old valley of trouble map was really a valley, this is more of a rolling hills :/

edit, nevermind that... just looked a couple of times more at the screens, and they are the correct heights... just doesnt feel like it for some reason :/

Looks very nice. Thanks for making it.

Yes, but in those days we could play this game with a 450 Mhz Pentium III and a 16 MB Voodoo Banshee graphic card and design 3 x 2 km maps.

Now I have a 2.7 Ghz and 64 MB video card and cannot play the game even at lowest resolution. What do improvement of graphics matter if you cannot see them?

Yes, but in those days we could play this game with a 450 Mhz Pentium III and a 16 MB Voodoo Banshee graphic card and design 3 x 2 km maps.

Now I have a 2.7 Ghz and 64 MB video card and cannot play the game even at lowest resolution. What do improvement of graphics matter if you cannot see them?

Hi McAuliffe,

I feel with you. On the other hand, look at that prices for current PC hardware. 12 years ago I had to spend vast sums for a reasonably powerful computer and now the hardware costs almost nothing. On my actual laptop CMBN runs without problems. The price for this little toy was less than 400 €. Unfortunately 64 MB of graphic memory are not enough for many modern applications.

Kind regards

Tom

PS "Valley of Trouble" is available for download at the Repository !

Why, way back in the olden days we had Valley of Trouble for breakfast, lunch and dinner and we were damn glad to have it, too. Why, I remember walking uphill, both ways, through that map and stumbling over pixels that were so big that it took a month of Sundays just to get around them.

Between that an Chance Encounter I had to of logged a hundred hours of game play, easy...Attacked every possible way I could come up with...not to mention all the time I spent modding what I could, waiting that terrible wait for the game to arrive...worse for me 'cause I mailed them a Money Order.

Looks great, Tom. Great job.

Mord.

Thanks for the remake what a blast to play this one. This one has to be in my top 1 or 2 scenarios I've play thus far. I played it 4 times (as Americans) before I got it right for a total victory:) Before the 4th try I had to put this in the editor and expand the time to 2 hours though I finished just under an hour. There is just too much succulent fun stuff going on to play in the allotted time. I'd never tried the Gridded mod before this battle but gave it a go and I'm hooked on this. Valley of Trouble is ideal for this mod. Once again thanks TCMHQ and to Bil Hardenberger for the mod!

OH, thanks to Battlefront for a great game to go with it:)