graphics issues any1 ?

liquidcactus

The big issue I have first is that the sound is stutering.

Doubtful but: Will this have to anything to do with mords SF sound mod in my Z folder?

Take it out and try without it..I used to get a lot of stuttering with the base sounds in CMSF...mostly when I had like 50 guy's shooting at once.

Mord.

I've noticed it is running quite badly when I compare it to Shock Force which runs smoothly (crashes aside of course).

I think it's something to do with the amount of trees/textures on screen at once but I'm not entirely sure! One mission which is admitedly quite large, is running like a dog - it's very choppy. But a large map via SF is as smooth as silk. It's very strange! Let's not forget however than SF is seriously patched - maybe a patch or two to CMA will improve matters in due course?

I have some jagged zig-zaggy shadows again. This was mostly solved sith SF.

The big issue I have first is that the sound is stutering.

Doubtful but: Will this have to anything to do with mords SF sound mod in my Z folder?

Make sure to check your CM-A settings. The default is most likely NOT the same as your current CMSF game setting... I know cause I always forget to change them when testing ;)

Depending on systems, really big CM:SF scenarios can crush people's FPS too. There's a couple of fantastic scenarios I can think of which were developed during various periods of testing time that were not put in with the game simply because they bogged down the FPS too much for most testers. CMx1 had plenty of those too! My favorite was Rune's epic "Battle of the Bulge" which took about 20 minutes to compile a single turn, and then when it played produced graphics that were worse than a Power Point slide show in terms of speed.

Rule number one in gaming... if you allow players to make scenarios, they'll figure out 100 different ways to destroy the framerate :)

Steve

I'm with Marc Anton in this. CMBB/AK's vegetation looked better. Just compare the screens, its day and night and I dont care about the high res branches. There is even a camoed bicolor tree... Tone harmonies are non existent..I know its a wargame but why there is such a dislike towards aesthetic pleasing landscapes? I dont get the "its only trees" thing because the 99% of our screens is filled with this green-grey mess and only 1% with the super duper detailed 3d models. I've bought all the CM modules so far but decided agaisnt CM:A mainly because of its unattractiveness. I pray CM:N wont be an ugly green beast too :(

hey could 1 of you dudes please tell me how to install/extract the mods ive dl for afghanistan, im bit of a noob, i tried to doit bit it didnt work... u dont receive read me files with them except 1 sais about creating a z folder in data folder to place bmp files.. what if they arent bmp ?

Do you mean like BRZ files? Any file, wav, bmp or brz can go in the Z folder...there is a readme in the mod tools folder that should explain everything to you.

Mord.

Anyone else got a bug with the graphics where when the units are cowering on the floor (Afgan gov forces for me) theres a triangleshapped graphics glitch protruding from their side?

It could be some of my settings, but in CMSF I havent noticed the same issue.

I can live with it as im more a 'thinker' than a 'drooler over graphics' :D, just curious.