patch ??

clanitho

Yes, a patch is already being worked on and in fact isn't all that far away. From the preliminary feature list I saw it's mainly some bug fixes, but also changes to the game, such as a somewhat altered (more customizable) SmartPause behaviour, graphics optimization to save RAM, quicker infantry reaction times and some changed armor thickness data. But that's just a first glimpse. I'm guessing ETA 1-2 weeks.

Thx Moon for relaying the good news!

Yes, the house to house fighting could use a tweak. Often times two soldiers would be at the far corner of a room, not doing much. Actually, would you know what criteria determines who wins a duel? I had one grunt running around knocking off a lot of germans with his bare bands and he was a horrible shot.

Hi Moon

It may be too early to be asking these questions, but I can see (and very much appreciate) some real game play improvements in TOW2 over the original.

My guess (as a person who does not have programming skills - and I may stand to be corrected) is that it would not be impossible to create West/ East European maps and the appropriate vehicle and infantry skins for the European theatre based on the great work already done on TOW1.

So, my question is, is there an addon or expamsion planned to allow the TOW2 engine to run West/ East European 1939-1945 battles and campaigns?

Actually I would rather them finish north africa by fleshing out 41 and 42, So many battle and campaigns would be easy to have solid missions covering that time frame, so much they could do with those years, something more like the orignal game. The italians, and the british are so under done in this.

Good News, but i'm looking forward for an super-patch with:

> more units

> more campaigns

> missions!

> new features

:-)

Agree.

Campaign could be more immersive - we have the wonderful awards and progression system, but over 5 loosely linked scenarios this doesn't bring the immersion that could be possible (especially nearing in mind that my infantry always seem to experience >50% casualties).

Would be great to have a dynamic campaign using similar map sets, where you could really track your soldiers' progress - I just auto-assign at present.

More units are also required - Brits had more than just Valentine in this theatre, I believe, but I will check.

It has fantastic potential, but I'd like to see the desert war done really well in ToW2 before expanding to other theatres.

R.

Yes, and even in this Tunisian theatre, mods or patches could be done to create the authentic green hills, fields, and cactus patches to make it look more like February 1943 in the rainy season. That would also give the infantry more cover to hide in.

OK, now it is serious. This game has to be patched soon as possible. Im stuck on british campaign - The defence of Sidi Nsir. No matter what I try, the game dont event start properly. Some time I can not even got the setup phase screen, game either crash to desktop without any warning or I got Fatal: out of memory error. Once I got this setup phase, press F5 for quick save and, guess what? Of course, fatal error.

any word on the patch. i am loving playing this game. thank god i dont have the crashing or slowness problems.

i also really like the battle gen. and map editor.

I also loved (!) playing this game, but I have the crashes and freezing up of my pc. So, I want a patch asap!!