Please comment...Very Important...FREE TRIP to Europe or Asia

Am I the only one sick of this asymetrical desert warfare stuff??? I'm looking for a good old green, Western/Eastern Europe, or Asian(China/North Korea) symetrical, convential slug fest ala "Combat Mission" game situation. These blagh desert environments just aren't doing it for me. Doesn't anyone miss the good old days of short range ambushes, when you could hide behind a bush or use cover to sneak up on a tank platoon and blow it to pieces?? :cool:

Can't we all take a trip to Europe or Asia? Come on Battlefront, take us home. ;)

Dredloc,

Steve recently indicated that the May Day parade in Moscow was watched keenly by him and the troops, which logically implies some sort of modern day clash with Ivan.

If you read my posts in the DPICM and the Syrian threat threads, you'll see that this could be really bad news for people used to American military uberness in pretty much all things, for Ivan's toys are every bit as nasty as ours, and in some categories, nastier, not to mention there are more of them.

Did I mention the joint Russian and Chinese military maneuvers or the emerging counter U.S. alignment of Russia, China, India, Venezuela and Brazil? This means advanced and exotic weaponry, huge manpower and even huger natural resources, including oil and manufacturing base. Fascinating possibilities for a very demanding wargame, but not a war I want fought.

Some things will be possible along these lines when the Marine Module comes out, bringing with it the BMP-3 and a version of the T-90, but I'm pretty sure we're going to eventually see something similar to what you're crying out for. Be careful regarding what you seek, because if granted, it'll be the most lethal battlefield your nightmares can conjure. I expect Americans will be screaming bloody murder because they're being butchered by SFWs, FAEs, PGMs from mortars, MRLs, tube artillery, DPICM, scatterable mines, helos and tacair, not to mention such fun stuff as 125mm DU, RPO-A Schmel, 12.7mm sniper rifles, instant salvo firing AN-94s, Tunguska, TOR, etc. If feeling especially malicious, Steve may provide the TOS-1 Buratino for taking the starch out of MOUT defenders. I don't claim to be current in what once was my field (Soviet Threat Analyst) for 11+ years, but even my recent research has convinced me people used to playing the Americans in CMSF will need extensive PTSD therapy and Depends.

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

Just because they watched Mayday doesn't mean that there is anything new in the pipes.

Given that almost all the Syrian stuff in CM:SF is from Russian it was probably a good way to look a year or two ahead to see what they might be getting, sort of window shopping for Christmas.

From what I saw Santa isn't about to deliver anything new this years.

Peter.

I agree probably nothing will be announced this year but this post sounds promising....

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I just posted this in the M113 thread. It applies here too:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Oh, I definitely agree. I can tell you that this will happen. I'm sure I've even said this in the past, but in case I haven't made it clear enough... the contemporary setting will indeed move into the temperate zone. When we do that the Syrian setting, by definition, goes away. What will the Red forces look like? I dunno... but did you catch wind of that parade last week? We did.

The exact nature of the Module that follows Brits is not something we've finalized yet because we've only taken a superficial look at it. As for moving to the temperate theater, when we do this it will be a new game purchase for sure. The exact composition of forces on each side are not decided yet, but expect at least as much new content as you see in the Modules + the new environment + game engine improvements way beyond the current CM:SF engine's current state at the time.

Steve </font>

It's quite possible to create non-desert environment in CMSF very similar to terrain you'll find in central Europe, the Balkans or the Ukraine. It's also possible to do symmetrical battles but they are best done as Red v Red as the US RULES outside of the cities.

You've got a very LONG wait ahead of you before you will get a module that will give you this.

Since I'm a European living in Asia, I feel I can pass on your offer of a prize to either of these locations.

Peter Cairns,

Beg to differ. Nor was I the only one to conclude as I did. Several people here got pretty excited, and Steve said absolutely nothing to contradict our view.

quote:There is probably a whole bunch of potential buyers out there who would be more interested in a whole new theatre module rather than a force branch/unit module, for example, and would be willing to pay maybe 40+ bucks for it. Who knows.

Oh, I definitely agree. I can tell you that this will happen. I'm sure I've even said this in the past, but in case I haven't made it clear enough... the contemporary setting will indeed move into the temperate zone. When we do that the Syrian setting, by definition, goes away. What will the Red forces look like? I dunno... but did you catch wind of that parade last week? We did.

Steve

This appeared here, in Steve's May 16, 9:30 p.m. reply.

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=004235;p=6

[ May 30, 2008, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]