Call for participants: Nordic Championships

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please DON'T include me even though I'd really dig being in a TB155/WBW type tourney. I'll enjoy seeing how thoroughly Sweden kicked everyone elses beehinies after though, esp Juha who deserves two kicks. ;) Now when was that big Stockholm CM-gathering going to happen again?

Here are the first 22 participants:

1)Heibis-jens.heiberg@jbv.no (Norway)

2)vskalex-vskalex@hotmail.com (Sweden) HOTMAIL

3)Juha Ahoniemi-juha.ahoniemi@mail.htk.fi (Finland)

4)Joseph Porta-Hackett@online.no (Norway)

5)Ari Maenpaa-ari.maenpaa@tietoenator.com (Finland)

6)Mattias-schuertzen@hotmail.com (Sweden) HOTMAIL

7)Topi-tmikkola@cc.hut.fi (Finland)

8)A.S.-not listed

9)DrAlimantado-jeschko-edberg@home.se (Sweden?)

10)Patrik-patrik@kramgo.com (Sweden)

11)Tuomas-tnummela@cc.hut.fi (Finland)

12)Loke-pgkeihl@chello.no (Norway)

13)tero-is tero.leppanen@pp2.inet.fi (Finland)

14)tss-tommi.syrjanen@hut.fi (Finland)

15)Juha Keratar-: lunael@hotmail.com (Finland)

16)Sesam-matti_vesanen@hotmail.com (Finland)

17)Ghost Dog-ted.malmquist@telia.com (Sweden)

18)Pixie-not listed (Finland)

19)Romeoman-romeoman772000@yahoo.com (Sweden)

20)Von Heinrich-henrikohlin@hotmail.com (Sweden)

21)Dragoon19-tbrath@e-mail.dk (Denmark)

22)Stefan Fredrikson-stefan.fredrik@telia.com (Sweden)

We can take only two more. I'm really surprised, and pleased, at the response. I wish I could handle more people.

Treeburst155 out.

A question about the scenario set ups:

I take it that since the scoring will be modelled after bridge the scenarios we will play will allow free placement of troops anywhere (within the players side of the map of course) without any restrictive deployment zones.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

We can take only two more.

<hr></blockquote>

So don't you want to set a 24 hour timeout or so :)))

OK, nice try...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

I'm really surprised, and pleased, at the response. I wish I could handle more people.

<hr></blockquote>

The thing that gets me hooked is the inbalanced scenario base. And it is the first tournament I get interested in, the even-quickbattle-ME thing doesn't cut it for me anymore.

If we don't make it into this rounds, would you be available for consultation on a parallel tournament lead by someone else, with the same timing as yours? Don't know if that is practical.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

We can take only two more. I'm really surprised, and pleased, at the response. I wish I could handle more people.

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

You missed me!! Look! I posted already! :eek: :D :eek:

I would like to take this opportunity as the only thoroughbred Nordic Cesspooler to point out that both Dr Alimanretardo and Ghastly Smelling Dog are silly little men and that I will beat them severely on top of their ugly little heads should they amass any points whatsoever. They are both, regardless of what their passports state, retarded idiots and fine upsitting specimens of that most dreaded of unmodelled soldiers, the unterswede.

I will be monitoring this closely and, as I am unable to participate, demand that all and any prizes must be sent through me for sampling.

Toodles,

Johan

Geier,

LMAO!! Long live the fetid Pool!!

OK, the 24 players are listed below. If you are on the list PLEASE think about what you are committing to. You will need to finish five games in ninety days. Post here if you decide you cannot play after you think about it.

To the non-Nordics

If you don't mind my being a bit slow in handing out scenarios I'll start another tournament for you guys. I pride myself in passing out the secured scenarios within 24 hours. If I start another one it will take me longer to fill scenaro requests. The Nordic Championship would have priority as far as my time is concerned. I need twelve people minimum for the scoring system to work well. I will start a new thread called "Nordic Wannabee Tournament". Post there if you want to play.

Here's the player list for the Nordic Championship:

1)Heibis- jens.heiberg@jbv.no (Norway)

2)vskalex- vskalex@hotmail.com (Sweden)

3)Juha Ahoniemi- juha.ahoniemi@mail.htk.fi (Finland)

4)Joseph Porta- Hackett@online.no (Norway)

5)Ari Maenpaa- ari.maenpaa@tietoenator.com (Finland)

6)Mattias- schuertzen@hotmail.com (Sweden)

7)Topi- tmikkola@cc.hut.fi (Finland)

8)A.S.- ali.salo@tietoenator.com

9)DrAlimantado- jeschko-edberg@home.se (Sweden?)

10)Patrik- patrik@kramgo.com (Sweden)

11)Tuomas- tnummela@cc.hut.fi (Finland)

12)Loke- pgkeihl@chello.no (Norway)

13)tero- is tero.leppanen@pp2.inet.fi (Finland)

14)tss- tommi.syrjanen@hut.fi (Finland)

15)Juha Keratar- lunael@hotmail.com (Finland)

16)Sesam- matti_vesanen@hotmail.com (Finland)

17)Ghost Dog- ted.malmquist@telia.com (Sweden)

18)Pixie- not listed (Finland)

19)Romeoman- romeoman772000@yahoo.com (Sweden)

20)Von Heinrich- henrikohlin@hotmail.com (Sweden)

21)Dragoon19- tbrath@e-mail.dk (Denmark)

22)Stefan Fredrikson- stefan.fredrik@telia.com (Sweden)

23)Jarmo- jarmo.laakso@kesko.fi (Finland)

24)PasiN- Pasi_Nyman@hotmail.com (Finland)

Treeburst155 out.

[ 11-04-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

I count 11 Finns, 8 Swedes, 3 Norwegians, 1 Dane, and one unknown. I will spread the nationalities among the sections as much as possible. As soon as I am sure nobody changes their mind about the tournament I will put together the sections and generate the schedules using another of Nabla's ingenious programs. Your schedule and opponent contact list will be posted to this thread. Highlight and copy it for your convenience. It is up to you to arrange your games with your opponents. Once you have agreed to play, one of you must email me and I will send out the secured scenarios and briefings with passwords and instructions. Remember, don't post spoilers to this thread!!

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Geier:

Blah blah blah blah blah<hr></blockquote>

If my bad memory serves me right, you could not even beat my poor ass in the last game we played. And that is something than any honourable human should be able to do. But then you are just in the same pool of defects as Germanboy and Chupacabra.

And if you want some samples, I can send you some killer-rabies-reindeer from Umeå, along with the damned snow we got yesterday.

Oh ... Treeburst: I am defenitely Swedish, even though I got a bad genetic heritage and one Checkoslovakian family name which I got from my Austrian mother. I am as Swedish as we get up here.

Mattias

[ 11-01-2001: Message edited by: DrAlimantado ]</p>

Damn that's a lot of games to play. :D

I'm still in anyway, wouldn't miss this for the world. In fact, the rate I'm going, I am missing the world...

BTW, everybody please use my gaming address "jarmo.laakso@tintti.net". The other one goes to the evil empire I work for, no gaming allowed in there.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tero:

Originally posted by Treeburst155:

[qb]At this point there is no prize for this tournament other than the thrill of victory over the UberFinns.<hr></blockquote>

We can correct this.

In appreciation for Nabla's scoring system that we are using in Wild Bill's Rumblings of War Tourney, plus the diligent work of a certain Number 155 in other well run tourneys, as well as the fact that most of these Nords like warm stuff (coffee excluding), I'll put up 6 bottles of fine South African wine for the winner on recommendation, postage paid by me.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

----------------

The $100 bottle of California cabernet sauvignon, while hardly commonplace,

is no longer the exotic rarity it was a few years ago. … Alas, for the buyer

with a budget, the rising tide lifts all boats. Dozens of California's

winemakers, watching Diamond Creek and Caymus go for the gold, have asked: "Why not me?" And the answer came back: "Why not?"

-- Frank Prial in the NY Times (1998)

Originally posted by WineCape:

We can correct this.

In appreciation for Nabla's scoring system that we are using in Wild Bill's Rumblings of War Tourney, plus the diligent work of a certain Number 155 in other well run tourneys, as well as the fact that most of these Nords like warm stuff (coffee excluding), I'll put up 6 bottles of fine South African wine for the winner on recommendation, postage paid by me.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

:eek: And me not standing a chance of win(n)ing, damn! Carl, ever tried glögg? That is warm, spiced red wine, very nice when you are cold. And today you really need it. Really nice offer, hope it tastes well for the winner...This will be fun!

Posted by Stefan F

Good luck to you all, even the Finns.

What :eek: :eek: No, no you can not possibly be that sportsmanlike. Let's kick some finnish b*** ;)

{Edit due to being HTML impaired}

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: vskalex ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by WineCape:

I'll put up 6 bottles of fine South African wine for the winner on recommendation, postage paid by me.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

<hr></blockquote>

Great, Charl. Thanks for contribution. You breath more life to this tournament.

I guess that once we get used to the unbalanced scenario play, it'll be the way to truly enjoy CM like never before. At least the potential seems to be there.

Ari

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DrAlimantado:

my bad memory. my poor ass. I can send killer-rabies-reindeer. We got yesterday.

I am defenitely. I got a bad genetic heritage. I am up here.

<hr></blockquote>

And since when do you believe anyone anywhere is the slightest bit interested in anything you say do or think, ever? You may keep all the snow and I thought I'd remind you that down here we still have sunlight until about 5 pm. And no drive-by-shootings from snow scooters either.

Peasant.

Johan

[edited because it will annoy someone]

[ 11-02-2001: Message edited by: Geier ]</p>