Sign in to follow this  
Seanachai

The Peng Challenge Thread: We Were Here When It All Began

22 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Wha?  Nidan1 was a good man to have around, whether it be here on the public forums or in the backroom with the tester lads.  He will be missed for sure.

I made a condolence post to his family's memory page, but if you can think of anything else we can do Stikky, let me know.

Crap, now I have to retire his testing account logins.  That's not something I've had to do before.

Steve

Not really, it's really. I have been playing the man for over 14 years from back in 2003. It's weird he's gone now.

After many years of CM games with Fred, I finally got to meet him at his home on Long Island back in July. 

We had a good day and I found out he was a true gentleman. Another one gone, but not forgotten.

Noba.

Doesn't make sense that someone can be here one day and gone the next. All that experience, knowledge, wisdom, potential...lost. Of course, Stuka, didn't have most of those, but still..Sucks. 

F•ck it dude, let's go bowling. 

Edited by FlammenwerferX

12 hours ago, OGSF said:

How are ye jarrah floor boards holdin' up, Noba?  

Very well, you Faux Internationalist Git. Mind you, the cat hates it when I chase him and he can't get any purchase.

It's just like in the cartoons with him going all sideways and bouncing off walls.

Noba.

Oi! When did you peek into my house? 

On 10/17/2017 at 3:54 AM, Seanachai said:

What the hell?!  They told me you were dead, you feck.

No, it's just the stench of old haggis that wafts out of him.

Spent a long, long time here. Wrote a lot of nonsense. Met a lot of fine folks, some of whom I still talk to. This was a wonderful place, full of wit, panache, bile, horrid jokes, funny songs, idiots and savants.

And dreams. Lots and lots of dreams.

On 1/2/2018 at 7:14 PM, Boo Radley said:

Spent a long, long time here. Wrote a lot of nonsense. Met a lot of fine folks, some of whom I still talk to. This was a wonderful place, full of wit, panache, bile, horrid jokes, funny songs, idiots and savants.

And dreams. Lots and lots of dreams.

Honestly, back in the day, this thread was pretty incredible. And getting to meet some of these lot in real life, was pretty ok too.

You can blame Berli for bringing me here. Seems a bit weird that he's been gone for almost a year. And Boo, I know deep down, you were writing about me in the post I quoted. Appreciate it.

Fear the gillywump, it comes for us all;

Rejoice in the bizzlebump, its light is pure to see;

And always, always respect your sticklelump -

it's the only thing you will ever truly own.

On 1/3/2018 at 10:21 PM, bauhaus said:

Honestly, back in the day, this thread was pretty incredible. And getting to meet some of these lot in real life, was pretty ok too.

You can blame Berli for bringing me here. Seems a bit weird that he's been gone for almost a year. And Boo, I know deep down, you were writing about me in the post I quoted. Appreciate it.

I don't so much talk to you as at you.

On 1/3/2018 at 12:25 AM, Michael Emrys said:

And we know which are you. (Hint: It doesn't start with an 's'.)

Michael

How is it you keep getting out of the restraints? I told them to use a shock collar, but did they listen? Nooooo!

Aw feck. Entropy sucks. A tip o' me hat to those that have been dragged to the next plane. It makes me sad they're not here, but a bit jealous at what they may have discovered. Life is a story, and the ending sucks, but the sequel is likely amazing. 

Thanks to this thread and the many who made it real. Stuka was my sponsoring Kanniggit, and many were the games I played with Berli and Nidan1.  Their passing, as most do, have diminished this world. I toast those of the MBT who have passed, and all of us who eventually will. Helluva ride, eh?

Oh, and I hate the lot of you. Deeply.

On 1/3/2018 at 7:21 PM, bauhaus said:

Sit down, bauhaus!

On 1/26/2018 at 9:26 PM, Leeo said:

Aw feck. Entropy sucks. A tip o' me hat to those that have been dragged to the next plane. It makes me sad they're not here, but a bit jealous at what they may have discovered. Life is a story, and the ending sucks, but the sequel is likely amazing. 

Thanks to this thread and the many who made it real. Stuka was my sponsoring Kanniggit, and many were the games I played with Berli and Nidan1.  Their passing, as most do, have diminished this world. I toast those of the MBT who have passed, and all of us who eventually will. Helluva ride, eh?

Oh, and I hate the lot of you. Deeply.

Impossible. You're far too shallow to do anything deeply. 

14 hours ago, Boo Radley said:

Impossible. You're far too shallow to do anything deeply. 

Point of order: I believe it would be correct to say that he is deeply ignorant.

Michael

1 hour ago, Boo Radley said:

Again, that's a tautological statement.

Are you still alive? I should have thought it was long past time when we could be dividing your personal possessions meager though they may be.

Michael

Posted (edited)

RIP Stuka

what happened to dalem " i pissed my dog off so he.d get mad and show his teeth"?

RIP nidan?? omg hes gone? god what a shame

Edited by Sublime