How to path AI for quick battle.

I have recently downloaded some really sweet quick battle maps that are me t for h2h. I really like the way these maps look but the issue is none of my friends have the game so I have to rely on the AI. So if anyone can tell me how to add in the ability to play against AI that'd be awesome. Keep in mind I'm still new to this game and not familiar with the editor. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

I'm afraid there is no quick fix for this. You will need to learn atleast the basics in scenario design to be able to place a static AI defenceforce on the map. Best thing to do here is to refer to the manual i would think. If you want a mobile enemy and perhaps also change the objectives and scoring things get quiet a bit more complicated.

Not impossible by any means but it will require some studdying of the manual.

This is what i recomend you do first and experiment your way forward with the editor step by step.

It's actually quite enjoyable to mess around in the editor and learn it's funtionality step by step. Soon you will have your very first scenario produced.

Spend some time with the manual and experiment in the editor. If you get stuck with something ask some more specific qestions and i'm sure you will get help ASAP.

I hope you do decide to give scenario designing a go and if so best of luck.

And please don't let this reply make you hesitate to ask any future questions that might pop up.R

/RepsolCBR

I'd recommend opening your favourite smallish full scenario in the editor (save a backup copy) and having a poke around inside to see how the author has done things.....In conjunction with the information in the manuals you should get the basics sussed out pretty quickly and be able to write plans for your new maps in no time.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Ok thanks for all that info! Ya the map and objectives are all done like it's ready to be played against humans in quick battle but I was hoping that I would just be able to plop a few things down and spend only a little time pre pairing the mission. But if it takes a little more work so be it! Thanks again for all the help I really do appreciate it!

People often get frustrated in the editor because they're over-ambitious initially. First try a couple mini test maps to see if you can move AI forces from point A to point B at the appointed time. Then build from there.

An AI order, at its most basic, is a setup zone painted in one location, first order set paints them in a second location, second order set paints them in a third location. Everything else is fine-tuning.

Scen AI plans don't necessarily transfer well to QB AI.  You will be much better off by looking at QB Map AI Pathing.  Here's the quick and dirty I use.

Each Objective should have at least 2 AI group plans

The Defender should have one plan on the objective and one time delay counter attack plan placed elsewhere on the map.  Both plans set to ambush.

The Attacker should have 2 Group plans for every objective.  One set to immediately move and one set to time delay.  Each plan should have a different path to the objective.

Large maps should have more groups and orders than smaller maps. 

Once you have made a full plan copy it and alter the pathing and times to create a new plan.

Start by keeping it simple. 

Edited by MarkEzra
better writing

24 minutes ago, MarkEzra said:

Scen AI plans don't necessarily transfer well to QB AI.  You will be much better off by looking at QB Map AI Pathing.  Here's the quick and dirty I use.

Each Objective should have at least 2 AI group plans

The Defender should have one plan on the objective and one time delay counter attack plan placed elsewhere on the map.  Both plans set to ambush.

The Attacker should have 2 Group plans for every objective.  One set to immediately move and one set to time delay.  Each plan should have a different path to the objective.

Large maps should have more groups and orders than smaller maps. 

Once you have made a full plan copy it and alter the pathing and times to create a new plan.

Start by keeping it simple. 

Jesus all that sounds so confusing to me hehe, it'll take some work. Thanks for the help I appreciate it!

Edited by Mark_McLeod
Accidentally hit publish..

2 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

If your friends don't have the game, just play with people you don't know. Create a post asking for opponents and someone will show up,

Yes, Mc_Leod...I'll Get You my Pretty, and your little Dog too...Err, I mean, if interested in a CMFI Opponent, then let me know and will play up to Company size QB Meetings :-)

PM me back...Joe