Mortar firing and moving question

Erwin

Yep, Target Light for mortars of the 60mm and 81mm variety fires about 3 rounds per minute. I'm sure someone else has done some testing and has a more accurate number, but 3 seems the average for German and Allied on map medium mortars based on my experience.

P.S., while we're at it, don't forget Target Light will stop your 'zook men,  'schrek men, and rifle grenadiers from firing off their explosive ordinance as well.

Edited by mjkerner

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

Just checking...  TARGET LIGHT for guns (AT or HE) will simply make them use their rifles not reduce rate of main gun fire.  Is that correct?

Correct.  For US 57mm and 76mm ATGs.  Don't think I tried it with other ATGs but AFAIK they are the same. 

Would be nice if mortars could just fire off a couple of spotting rounds and then 3 shells on target, then stop until given another target order. I think this is how they were often used historically (and maybe still are?).

It seems like the current in-game mortar targeting system is meant to be used in real time play, where you can just cancel the order when you feel the target has been saturated. In WeGo mode, it often leads to either no shells on target or pounding the rubble needlessly, eating up ammunition.

Edited by Bulletpoint

• 2 months later...