BUGS :CMFI and CMGL

Hi,

Since I installed new CMGL, I noticed three new BUGS:

1) HMG ammo bearer men (Breda M37) dont't have proper kind of ammo. They have 6,5mm instead 8mm.

2) Every vehicle in the game have the same bug. When I place single driver to vehicle (e.g. truck FIAT 626 - 20 men on board) I have one driver seating (blue dot) and 19 passengers seatings (green dots). But when I bailed out the single driver and then i place single team (10 men) into this vehicle I have 10 driver seatings (blue dots) and 10 passenger seatings (green dots). It's that correct? I don't thoink so.

2)HMG (Breda, mg42, M19, 0,5cal) deploying time in buldings. Why we have extra 2min?

Please fix this bugs as soon as possible

Just a pointer for the future: be sure of your ground when you're reporting what you think are bugs. Assertions that something's a bug when it just isn't will get people's backs up.

1) HMG ammo bearer men (Breda M37) dont't have proper kind of ammo. They have 6,5mm instead 8mm.

That sounds like a bit of an oopsie.

2) Every vehicle in the game have the same bug. When I place single driver to vehicle (e.g. truck FIAT 626 - 20 men on board) I have one driver seating (blue dot) and 19 passengers seatings (green dots). But when I bailed out the single driver and then i place single team (10 men) into this vehicle I have 10 driver seatings (blue dots) and 10 passenger seatings (green dots). It's that correct? I don't thoink so.

This has been so for some time now. Only certain pTruppen can drive trucks. I think it's restricted to drivers from the same formation at some level). If you're seeing it happen with jeeps and half tracks, that's new. I'd assumed it was intended design.

2)HMG (Breda, mg42, M19, 0,5cal) deploying time in buldings. Why we have extra 2min?

Because deploying a tripod mounted HMG/MMG to fire out through windows takes more time than deploying to fire round a bush. This is certainly intended behaviour and not a bug. It's not perfect because there are always going to be some apertures in some buildings that are just as easy to set up for, but it's a catch-all increase for when you have to find a way of propping something like an M2 up on blocks to fire out over a window sill (Note: this requires non-trivial support).

Hi,

Actually the 6.5mm is for their rifles. It appears that Gustav Line introduced a TO&E bug whereby normal Italian infantry HMG ammo bearers lost the 8mm ammo they are supposed to be carrying. This will be fixed in the first patch. In the meantime, it can be gotten around in QBs by purchasing Bersaglieri or Blackshirt HMG teams, and resupplying from vehicles if they are available.

Not a bug. The extra time simulates the fact that the soldiers need to hastily construct a stable firing platform for the tripod (kinda hard to set a big tripod on a windowsill!), whether that's piling up or re-arranging furniture in the room to make a firing position.

Actually the 6.5mm is for their rifles. It appears that Gustav Line introduced a TO&E bug whereby normal Italian infantry HMG ammo bearers lost the 8mm ammo they are supposed to be carrying. This will be fixed in the first patch. In the meantime, it can be gotten around in QBs by purchasing Bersaglieri or Blackshirt HMG teams, and resupplying from vehicles if they are available.

Are we sure that's not just the "bearers give all the relevant ammo to the weapon team at setup" bug from QBs? I know I'm in the closing stages of a QB with an Italian infantry Battalion, and the MG Company's bearers had donated all their 8mm to the MG teams in setup, under 1.01.

As an aside, that makes for quite a sweet setup, since the 4-man bearer teams are agile and diffuse, and the MG teams pack enough punch for a fire base. It's slow, but a much better binary setup than the rifle squads... If you absolutely have to use Italian infantry in a QB...

Are we sure that's not just the "bearers give all the relevant ammo to the weapon team at setup" bug from QBs? I know I'm in the closing stages of a QB with an Italian infantry Battalion, and the MG Company's bearers had donated all their 8mm to the MG teams in setup, under 1.01.

I checked for that as well, they really are missing the 8mm.

Quote: 2)HMG (Breda, mg42, M19, 0,5cal) deploying time in buldings. Why we have extra 2min?

Because deploying a tripod mounted HMG/MMG to fire out through windows takes more time than deploying to fire round a bush. This is certainly intended behaviour and not a bug. It's not perfect because there are always going to be some apertures in some buildings that are just as easy to set up for, but it's a catch-all increase for when you have to find a way of propping something like an M2 up on blocks to fire out over a window sill (Note: this requires non-trivial support).

i am still not sold on why one wants to include "realistic" setup times in a game environment where combat runs much faster then in reality. this lets the deployable weapon lag behind most of the time while combat moves around and away from them with great speed.

the setup time for deployable systems should not be realistic but fit to the artificial acceleration of the game combat. if not there is a big divide between the realistic times and the actual flow of combat in the game.

i am still not sold on why one wants to include "realistic" setup times in a game environment where combat runs much faster then in reality. this lets the deployable weapon lag behind most of the time while combat moves around and away from them with great speed.

the setup time for deployable systems should not be realistic but fit to the artificial acceleration of the game combat. if not there is a big divide between the realistic times and the actual flow of combat in the game.

Doesn't change the fact that it's a factor included in setup times by the game engine. And it's still not realistic. It's an abstract fudge to show that there's additional difficulty, rather than a hard number. As has been said, perhaps in other threads, it could take a lot longer than a couple of minutes to find something solid enough to stand a Ma Deuce on so it can fire over a windowsill (or entrenching tool an embrasure through a wall at the 'right' height).

As it should. There are very good reasons why crew served weapons are not found in squad TOEs.

Just a pointer for the future: be sure of your ground when you're reporting what you think are bugs. Assertions that something's a bug when it just isn't will get people's backs up.

lol.

Translation: If we don't like your tone you'll get abused by forum regulars in a way that'll make you think twice about coming back.

lol.

Translation: If we don't like your tone you'll get abused by forum regulars in a way that'll make you think twice about coming back.

Actually: if you post unsupported knee-jerk reactions as supposed fact, it'll get shot down in flames and you might not like that.

Just installed GL and loaded up a battle - 'men with suspicious hats' I think. The crew in the Panzer IVG were armed with Thompsons and M1911s. I assume it's a bug and not Germans using captured weapons.

It's an old bug from beta stage that we thought we had fixed all instances of, but we missed this one occurrence and didn't catch it until the game went gold. It's been fixed for the first patch, only affects this scenario. In the meantime the gameplay impact is effectively nil.

Actually: if you post unsupported knee-jerk reactions as supposed fact, it'll get shot down in flames and you might not like that.

And if you are not a native English speaker that is no excuse. We expect total accuracy and the correct nuance from whatever you post. Particularly if you are posting for the first time it necessary to read all previous posts and avoid any words that are emotive. [ I joke : )]

BTW welcome to the community, generally we do not bite.

And if you are not a native English speaker that is no excuse. We expect total accuracy and the correct nuance from whatever you post. Particularly if you are posting for the first time it necessary to read all previous posts and avoid any words that are emotive. [ I joke : )]

BTW welcome to the community, generally we do not bite.

Damn those non-native English speaking busy bodies and their petulant observations, they should all be banned! :D

Damn those non-native English speaking busy bodies and their petulant observations, they should all be banned! :D

The non-native speakers I can cut some slack. But the ones who have grown up in an English-speaking and writing environment but who still can't get it right (and can't even get close!) drive me crazy. Grrrrrrr.

:mad:

Michael

In the 'Men With Suspicious Hats' scenario, I have just had a Pz4G (late) survive four direct hits with a PIAT, (two of them side-on) and stay fully functional.

I really don't know if this was down to it being a very lucky panzer or if it was due to a gremlin in the software!

SLR

Wow really lucky, normally the damage tabs shows all the colours of the rainbow!

In the 'Men With Suspicious Hats' scenario, I have just had a Pz4G (late) survive four direct hits with a PIAT, (two of them side-on) and stay fully functional.

I really don't know if this was down to it being a very lucky panzer or if it was due to a gremlin in the software!

SLR

Example of skirt effectiveness perhaps?