H2H Helper 1.4.0 Available - please upgrade

Huh - I would have expected H2HH to cope with these file names, but it sounds like it doesn't eh?

FWIW, putting a "(" in a file name is quite a nasty thing to do to a programmer :) :)

I'll take a look. I do recommend naming the dropbox folder the same as the game name for smooth troublefree operation, but I do know this isn't always practical (sometimes your oppo likes it to be named something different, or you are reusing the folder from last game or whatever).

GaJ

hah - both actually work :)

There is the "stable" version posted at CMMODS (you need to search for H2HH to find it).

There is the "most recent" version in the Dropbox H2H Folder (as well as the stable version).

At the moment 1.4.0 is at CMMODS. 1.4.3 is in the Dropbox folder.

GaJ

Ah! Stand corrected.

Btw I got 1.4.4 at the dropbox folder!! :confused:

By the way, not sure if this has been discussed already. The new versions of the application do not tell me how long ago the turn was copied to dropbox by my oponents no? Whenever I open H2H the time i see for all my opponents new turns copied is always 0 hours... If I open H2H later then the time is counted from the time I opened the application to find the file for the first time. Not sure if this is clear :D .

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers, GaJ & team. Works very nicely.

I have a suggestion: in the Edit Game dialog, add a section to input the scenario turn limit. Then have the H2HH count the current turn based on the file number and display these together, eg. Turn 15/50. Maybe a progress bar. That way you could easily see the progress of all your on-going games at once.

Just downloaded 1.40 to a My Documents subfolder, but I keep getting an error message "Not configured correctly" at launch. I reinstalled -- same thing. I don't have WinZip on my PC (I use 7Zip freeware instead) -- does that have anything to do with it? I noticed there's a library.zip file in the folder. Any insights?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wheb I try to install H2H on my home computer, I got this :

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "wx/_core.py", line 14660, in <lambda>

File "wx/lib/pubsub/core/kwargs/publisher.py", line 38, in sendMessage

File "wx/lib/pubsub/core/kwargs/publishermixin.py", line 24, in publish

File "wx/lib/pubsub/core/topicobj.py", line 340, in _publish

File "wx/lib/pubsub/core/topicobj.py", line 359, in __sendMessage

File "wx/lib/pubsub/core/kwargs/publishermixin.py", line 64, in _mix_callListener

File "wx/lib/pubsub/core/kwargs/listenerimpl.py", line 27, in __call__

File "controller.py", line 260, in OnAppEvent

File "controller.py", line 116, in _Go

File "installations.py", line 69, in __init__

File "utils.py", line 18, in UniSafeFilename

File "encodings/mbcs.py", line 21, in decode

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 27: ordinal not in range(128)

For info it runs good on my laptop