Printing Maps

I would enjoy the reverse: scanning a topo map and have the editor craft a game map from it. (With flavor objects. :0 )

I would pay for that. Even w/o the flavor objects. Just getting the basic terrain elevations scanned in would be a real time saver for folks who are trying to use real world maps. Yeah I get that is probably something I will only ever see in my dreams, still it would be cool.

Gerry hi

My bad, I forgot to reply

The only special tool is Photoshop I'm afraid.

It's a composite of screen shots from the editor stitched together. The clever bit, if you can call it that, is that before taking the screen shots go into the elevation section of the map editor, and the screen shots will show the fixed elevations as black dots. These were then the guide I use for painting the contour lines.

If you do this using layers in PS you can add locations, annotations etc. My copy has lots of info on, but if I showed all the details it would spoil the surprise !

P

<snip>It's a composite of screen shots from the editor stitched together. The clever bit, if you can call it that, is that before taking the screen shots go into the elevation section of the map editor, and the screen shots will show the fixed elevations as black dots. These were then the guide I use for painting the contour lines.

If you do this using layers in PS you can add locations, annotations etc.<snip>

Excellent, thanks for the information a bit of work to put together but nice for making plans, briefing maps.