Invincible Walls?

Hi, I'm playing the Road to Montborg Campaign, Holding Action Scenario. In the one ville there are walls dividing it up. I had a team executing the blast command, attempt to blow a wall (wall, not a building), big blast and crater, but the wall stayed intact. Then the team completed move order by running around the wall into the kill zone they were supposed to be bypassing with the breach. Anyone else noted this? Are some walls unbreachable, bug? Usually I've seen teams stop and blow every obstruction in their path as long as they had charges. This team had one left but still ran around the wall rather than trying to blow it again, not sure what's up.

I'd post the save but I have no idea how to do that. Thanks, if there's already a thread on it, sorry I missed and please let me know, thanks.

Nope, it's not supposed to work like that. A sachel charge is supposed to take down a wall right-quick. My One guess is the explosion somehow happened on the wrong action square and missed the wall entirely? That's also something that's nearly impossible to accomplish. You couldn't target a patch of open ground if you tried to.

It might be a matter of the angle between the plane of the wall and the plane of the blast command line. IIRC, a wall (or hedgerow or whatever) that runs N-S is best penetrated by drawing the blast line perpendicular/straight through the wall. If the wall runs diagonally NW-SE, etc., some say you get better results by blasting along the wall spot. I haven't done my own tests or anything, so take it with a grain of Normandy gray sea salt :-)

You're gonna love this, the action square they were in had an outhouse, the squad was set up around it, so I really didn't look at it as an obstruction and I didn't even notice on replay that one second it was there and then it wasn't. They blew the d--- outhouse and then ran off...It must have really stank! Wish I could save that one for posting...

Reminds me of a scene from a movie........

Pvt. Cowboy: God almighty, you guys smell like you fell into a dung heap

Crapgame: Kinda makes ya homesick, don't it?

Pvt. Willard: [to Pvt. Cowboy] You know it does, kinda ,don't it old buddy?