Immobilization

God I hate it!! And it seems to be even worse in CMN. In a scenario I'm playing I just lost my 4th vehicle, Panther, Puma, and 2 StuGs. All but one of them were on a dry road!

Sure I know the argument for "realism" but that's just patently ridiculous when compared to playability. This is a game. How is it fun when at any moment a player may well lose the ability to play/compete because he may unilaterally lose units? The fact that it can/does happen to both sides does not make immobilization better, just crappy for both sides.

BF, you out there? If you read this then in the next patch please, please, make immobilization at least a play option. Relieve us of this most frustrating occurrence.

I had a truck and a tank bog and then go immobile on the road in the Razorback Ridge battle. As if that battle isn't hard enough. Both vehicles were moving at "Move" speed and they had waypoints directly on the road itself, or so I thought. Both times the vehicles seem to have moved slightly off the road as they were making a turn. Both times I quit and reloaded. I wouldn't have done that if they'd have gone immobile where it seems likely that they might (a field or ditch) . . . but in the middle of the facking road?

We could use a save of this sort of thing. Vehicles, under normal circumstances, should not be bogging on hard, dry surfaces. Especially not roads. There must be something specific that's triggering this for you guys because, obviously, we'd see thousands of posts complaining about this if it was a simple road + vehicle = bogging situation.

Steve

I normally only notice it when I drive to fast through a hedge with a rhino or when passing through gaps blasted with demo charges. I also rarely move at fast, half time between quick and slow, and the rest move and hunt.

I just remembered that I had a jeep go immobile in the scenario where you have to make a run through town during the Courage and Fortitude campaign. What happened this time was, I had plotted waypoints around the turns. I kept all the waypoints on the road, but it looked as though the jeep caught an edge and went from bogged to immobile . . . conveniently, directly in front of an MG42 team. The machine gun was suppressed and did not immobilize the jeep. The jeep did that itself, somehow. The MG did, eventually, kill the jeep and it's occupants though. The M10 and the truck also bogged on or near the turns. So, there must be something about the turns that causes vehicles to go all crazy like. It's as though they catch an edge of the pavement and dig in.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing a random QB, WITH THE LATEST PATCH, I got a mech force including halftracks and Stuarts. Weather was pouring rain. Moving slowly on the road 8 out of 22 AFVs bogged and then become immobilized in the first 8 minutes of the game. I off loaded the rest of the Halftracks. All infantry is now on foot. Even 3 out of the 6 Stuarts bogged and became immobilized on the muddy road. Haven't seen so many AFVs bog and become immobilized since the demo game of CMBO.

God I hate it!! And it seems to be even worse in CMN. In a scenario I'm playing I just lost my 4th vehicle, Panther, Puma, and 2 StuGs. All but one of them were on a dry road!

Sure I know the argument for "realism" but that's just patently ridiculous when compared to playability. This is a game. How is it fun when at any moment a player may well lose the ability to play/compete because he may unilaterally lose units? The fact that it can/does happen to both sides does not make immobilization better, just crappy for both sides.

BF, you out there? If you read this then in the next patch please, please, make immobilization at least a play option. Relieve us of this most frustrating occurrence.

Are you sure the ground conditions were Dry and the road was paved? In Wet or Damp, I wouldn't move faster than Move, even on dirt roads. Use Slow for moving across hedges, walls, dirt, light forest etc. Muddy is a nightmare except on Paved roads.

What happened this time was, I had plotted waypoints around the turns. I kept all the waypoints on the road, but it looked as though the jeep caught an edge and went from bogged to immobile . . . conveniently, directly in front of an MG42 team. The machine gun was suppressed and did not immobilize the jeep. The jeep did that itself, somehow. The MG did, eventually, kill the jeep and it's occupants though. The M10 and the truck also bogged on or near the turns. So, there must be something about the turns that causes vehicles to go all crazy like. It's as though they catch an edge of the pavement and dig in.

What speed are you having them take the corners?

Michael

Same here with regard to a vehicle becoming bogged negotiating a corner. In my instance I had a Quickbattle where an M3 halftrack loaded with a squad bogged as it atempted to turn a corner on a dirt road using slow movement in its first of 2 slow movement plots around the right angle corner. The weather was clear with dry ground conditions. At the time I thought it a bit strange but as the halftrack wes able to unbog itself I didn't think anything more of it.

BTW, I was using v1.01 of CM:BN.

Regards

KR