Helpless?

Actually, you've got a good chance of someone swapping places for the driver. Driver and gunner are priority assignments. Loader, codriver and even commander will fill in... usually. First, though, they have to clean off the driver's seat. :eek: :rolleyes:

Yeah, you're stuck. In real life a tank with 2 casualties would likely do one of three things:

1. bail out (for many different reasons)

2. put someone in the driver seat and move to the rear

3. stay put with crew optimized for fighting

Arguably we should enforce #2 if #1 doesn't happen, but there's no provision for forcing a tank to withdraw. Having a toothless tank on the map would not be acceptable to players, no matter how realistic it might be. Which means the way it is is the way it is going to stay.

Steve

Yeah, you're stuck. In real life a tank with 2 casualties would likely do one of three things:

1. bail out (for many different reasons)

2. put someone in the driver seat and move to the rear

3. stay put with crew optimized for fighting

Arguably we should enforce #2 if #1 doesn't happen, but there's no provision for forcing a tank to withdraw. Having a toothless tank on the map would not be acceptable to players, no matter how realistic it might be. Which means the way it is is the way it is going to stay.

Steve

Steve, seems this tank only has one casualty.

Hmm... you've handed us a mystery! No 'pause', no yellow base, four men in the crew, crew aren't panicked/routed - are they? Is the AI actively firing on targets? I see everybody's got a mg in his hands. Is anything listed as 'broken' in your UI list? Theoretically the transmission could be smashed though I've never ever seen that particular problem in a damage report. Did you try cancelling the reverse order and reapplying it? You're right - its so... unfair!

I have a question along the same lines. I was playing hazzar and a punk tank team bails and keeps running(their war is over) ,so said tank is labeled dismounted. Another tank crew who was kicking ass tank gets destroyed(all 4 survive). I tried to put said tank crew in the dismounted tank. It was a no go. Still got the save, checked before i posted. i understand about the AT gun situation. whats the deal?

Interesting discussion. However I would think that in RL, if ANY of the crew was killed/incapacitated, physically removing their (bloody) body from their station within the cramped confines of a tank interior so that another crew member could take their position might be a logistical problem that needs more thought.

- the body would be lifeless/slumped and weigh up to 80kg, let alone potentially a bloody mess

- people can struggle to move a lifless/slumped body if it's just lying in the open, imagine doing so inside a confined space with little room to move/low leverage etc.

- I can almost think it IMPOSSIBLE in most situations to be able to remove say a driver from his position, put him somewhere else inside the tank so that his position can now be taken by another crew member

I don't know of any games that actually model/specifically consider/address this very obvious but seemingly very real and logistical problem. CMBN apparently does/has but to what extent?

Did anyone check the tanks' mechanical condition (wrench tab)?

BTW, the Sherman also had a belly hatch and if need be, the body or body pieces could be slid out to be picked up later...unpleasant but better than having to a cadaver in the turret, though I know that happened too.

Hmm... you've handed us a mystery! No 'pause', no yellow base, four men in the crew, crew aren't panicked/routed - are they? Is the AI actively firing on targets? I see everybody's got a mg in his hands. Is anything listed as 'broken' in your UI list? Theoretically the transmission could be smashed though I've never ever seen that particular problem in a damage report. Did you try cancelling the reverse order and reapplying it? You're right - its so... unfair!

Relevant facts of the case:

*The driver was killed, I believe, four turns ago.

*Morale was Shaken at first but now Cautious.

*The Veteran crew is in radio command

*Three of the blue damage boxes, I don't remember which, had turned light blue.

*The tank will accept movement commands but not carry them out. Have tried multiple, different orders. Reverse was the first and the last.

*(Prob irrelevant) I can make the tank will fire its main gun in the direction of the bocage, but the round hits before first.