How can I see attacking airplanes?

I bought one and you could hear it circling before firing and then you could see the results on the ground but I couldn't find a way to enter the cockpit and see yourself doing the damage or to view from the ground and see the airplane approach spitting fire. Is this a limitation of the game or was I just not looking in the right direction?

I bought one and you could hear it circling before firing and then you could see the results on the ground but I couldn't find a way to enter the cockpit and see yourself doing the damage or to view from the ground and see the airplane approach spitting fire. Is this a limitation of the game or was I just not looking in the right direction?

Now that would be awesome! never thought of that one, doubt we'll ever see it however as it'd be far too much work for too little reward, I havn't even played with aircraft in the game yet.

He means that there is no physical representation in the game for the aircraft/CAS-support. There are no 3D models and no 'view points' to see what they are attacking. There's also no in-game method of defending against them and destroying them. So there are a lot of limitations with CAS in the game and its effect on the battlefield.

Maybe someday more can be coded up in future games/families in the series, but I doubt that there will ever be flying 3D models of the CAS aircraft themselves.

You need to get the IL-2 Sturmovik mod. It's not like the other mods - you have to buy it from a computer game shop and then install it using the IL-2 Sturmovik installer. However, there appears to be a bug in it in that you can't get out of the cockpit once you are in there. Maybe this bug will be fixed in CMBfN v 1.01?