Weapon Skins - WIP

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just uploaded a slight update to the weapon skins. It's now version 1.1. I added a third M1 Garand variation with a slightly more red and lighter stock for a little more variety among the GIs. I also fixed the M1903A4 stock to have the correct C stock without the finger grooves. Something had been bothering me about that rifle, and when I realized what it was I facepalmed myself; had to fix it. Below is a pic that shows the change to the A4. The file should be updated probably by tomorrow on the repository, and it's immediately available at CMMODS.

2qa24j8.jpg

Thanks Luke! Unfortunately there isn't a way to get the markings on the heel of the M1 receiver and the k98 rear sight leaf. The way those models were unwrapped has the texture stretched across those areas. That's why you see those lines across them. For instance, the only part of the M1 receiver texture that you can work with is one side view of it. The top of the reciever has what appears to be the topmost row of pixels from the side view stretched across it. It's a very annoying "feature" for sure.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to get the markings on the heel of the M1 receiver and the k98 rear sight leaf. The way those models were unwrapped has the texture stretched across those areas. That's why you see those lines across them. For instance, the only part of the M1 receiver texture that you can work with is one side view of it. The top of the reciever has what appears to be the topmost row of pixels from the side view stretched across it. It's a very annoying "feature" for sure.

Bah! That's what I was afraid of. :(

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rambler - a hallmark example of what can be achieved with good normal mapping ;)

By the way, are you in the process of redoing your weapons with version 2? Is your previous work available in the repository? I'm guilty of having overlooked weapon modifications for my own install. Either that or I have just missed all such contributions as I have worked my way through the repository material.

Thanks guys!

By the way, are you in the process of redoing your weapons with version 2? Is your previous work available in the repository? I'm guilty of having overlooked weapon modifications for my own install. Either that or I have just missed all such contributions as I have worked my way through the repository material.

Sure am. I revisited everything I did in the past and am adding the CW stuff into the new version. The new mod is currently weighing in at around 100mb, just to give you an idea of how much has changed. Yeah, the previous version is still on the repository, or you can click the link in my sig to get it from CMMODS.

Beautiful work. However, seems like one of those rare occasions where the shader makes it look a bit too contrasty/bright. The LHS "dull colors" pic looks better to me.

Some of that is due to the in-game lighting. It's getting better, but it's still on the harsh side imo. It's most noticable if your scenario time is in mid-afternoon, which is when those screenshots were taken. Nothing we can do about it.