Vein

Germs...

99176704.jpg

75265562.jpg

80999132.jpg

Yanks...

2ndut.jpg

Uploaded to Repository.

NB: as there are a few more uniforms added you MAY experience a tiny performance hit if you can't run the game at 'better' textures or above. You also may not. I don't know really. Just warning you.

I changed some of the faces to give them beards and some dirt here and there (although I think it all ended up UNDER the helmet).

I toned down the saturation a little. I added some brown ankle boots and some short jack boots. I changed some of their trousers and added some mud specks (not too much), gave them muddy boots. Erm... and some other stuff. Oh, I changed some helmet textures, added a splinter camo tunic. Gave the officer an iron cross and some gloves...

Why? Because I could and I didn't like the german's trousers. Too many folds in the thighs. They aren't 'better' than the originals and they aren't supposed to be. Some people asked about the camo on the germans in a screenshot of mine so I thought I'd post them up. Give a little something back to the community. :D

This looks terrific -- love the disheveled faces! Also like how you took off a lot of the chinstraps. Question: is it possible to swap the peaked officers' cap for a field cap? Would love to see these on some of the officers, truck drivers, artillery crews, etc.

EDIT: on second look, one nit: the officer's caps look a little small for the heads -- I thought they were Kriegsmarine at first. Especially the guy in the background of the second screenie. The cap bill is a little off or something.

Battle_weary_prisoners.jpg

_maul41.jpg

At some point I might try my hand at a "Willie and Joe" cartoon face mod, but I have my hands full right now with mapmaking.

Vein...fantastic job !

Is this a company or a battalion commander there with the Knights Cross ?

And about the US units, they will only effect the ranger unis ingame ?

Oh, and what about a Mod for the ordinary GI's ?

They would need some work as Battlefront already put more work into the germans.

Repository inspector seems to have the weekend off.

Q & A:

The chap with the iron cross is the company commander I believe.

The models can't be changed so the hats are the default size (yes a tad small but never mind), so no M43 caps.

The Ranger mod makes all the GIs into Rangers. It's really for Seabee's Point du in der Hoc map (I MAY have misspelled that). I have no plans to do any other unit mods. These are just the ones I use so I thought I'd put them up.

Although I may release a 'grey' crew unit in faded splinter that I came across in a photo once somewhere:

cmnormandy2011052220361.png

This looks terrific -- love the disheveled faces! Also like how you took off a lot of the chinstraps. Question: is it possible to swap the peaked officers' cap for a field cap? Would love to see these on some of the officers, truck drivers, artillery crews, etc.

This post by Steve has me intrigued. It seems to indicate headgear can be swaped, but maybe he only means the color.

Currently there is no code to have the MODEL vary for a soldier, only the textures, equipment, and headgear.

Steve

I suppose the answer to that depends on who you ask.

I have seen photos of guys in the same unit wearing a mix of uniforms from the last few years of the war. When on the line for a time clothes got cruddy, bloody and ripped. The supply lines were getting a pounding from the airforce so fresh uniforms were probably a little way down the list of needs.

'Not unheard of' is the best answer I suppose. Or 'sometimes'.

Thanks John. Looks like a good book. And for £8 I couldn't resist. Sold.

It is a good book, I have that one too but my copy says £17.99 on the cover inlay.. hm, you got a good deal there! :eek:

BTW, do you have 'German Army Uniforms of World War II in Color Photographs' by Wade Krawczyk? I really like that one, particularly as the photographs are of such high quality and detail.

Anyway I just wanted to say thanks for your work, I love it. Keep going! :)