Scenario Editor messed up?

Well i tried to edit some of my troops in the scenario "It s a new dawn".

In the listing of my available troops there are names and types:

stryker

bmp-2d

Hind d

????????????

and a lot of names that doesnt match what i get for. i bought 3x "infantry rocket" and i get 3 Tigers (in their unit window named "infantry").

???

What Pete Wenman just suggested.

No one else reports this. That doesn't mean it isn't a problem, we just need to see what's up with your install.

Your mod file is the obvious place to start.

Otherwise, open up a challenge thread, make some bets, then release the T-90's near the end of the battle! ;)

Ken

Just to check move the mod folder (Z) out of the main folder (instead of deleting it) and see whether on running the game it sorts the problem.

P

your advice solved the problem. thx a lot! now i have to find out which mod caused the chaos..

Yes, the one from CMSF is not compatible. It screws up all the names. Use only the ones on this board. I will be posting a version to repository that is like the one for CMSF with just a few monor changes from v1.12, but compatble for CMBN.

A bit late to the party...

As others have mentioned, I suspect that something is up with your Mods 'Z' folder. The mods don't appear to be fully mapping to the resources in CMBN and thus some of the CMSF material "shows through" so-to-speak. Of course the models and resources aren't actually there for CMSF, but it appears some sort of data structure still exists ('text strings'). So when the .BRZ files become corrupt or missing or Mods have something about them that is not right, then you may likely find strange menu items and units within a lot of the 2D screens (but not 3D models and textures from CMSF).