ARMA 3 announced

Man i wish they would improve their tactical side of game, get more microdetail in terrain and improve AI behavior under fire (mainly by adding Combat Mission kind morale model). Don't care so much about armored warfare, but they probably could do something about that too, atleast in improving their hitpoint system.

But i'm pretty sure there will be just improved graphics and multiplayer stuff in final product. Much same as what happened with both ArmA and ArmA2. Both were let downs for me as i searched more wargameish experience and it came quite clear that ArmA-series has improved little in these terms since OFP.

Two let down have left me very little to hope for. I could be surprised i admit.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some modern warfare, but that just looks ridiculous. ArmA has been slowing getting more and more out of touch with reality, I swear they're trying to fast-track the ArmA series to Warhammer 40k where US Space Marines fight against aliens or something :( This will probably be the first game in the series I don't buy.

Merkava and Namer with an Mi-28 flying top cover?

The sheer existence of an RAH-66 Comanche?

US soldiers with MTP and F2000s?

Enhanced M14s?

A bit of underwater knife-fighting?

Drop-leg holsters all around?

Somewhat into the realms of "Future Weapons" fantasy, it's true.

Ive been getting annoyed at BiS for this ever since Operation Arrowhead for the "everyone has SCARS" thing. BIS are pandering to the Modern Warfare 2 brigade. Its a pity because the Simulation arm of the company are amazing.

So not a happy bunny. :mad:

Man i wish they would improve their tactical side of game, get more microdetail in terrain and improve AI behavior under fire (mainly by adding Combat Mission kind morale model). Don't care so much about armored warfare, but they probably could do something about that too, atleast in improving their hitpoint system.

Yeah me too. I couldn't help wondering why it was so easy for the enemy to spot me, why there was apparently no such thing as supression, and why I couldn't enter buildings. Manning a HMG and having it be nothing more than a high ROF sniper rifle was a most disappointing experience.

..US soldiers with MTP...

Just like to point out that it's not MTP, it's MultiCam, the commercial camo pattern that MTP was derived from (by combining it with DPM).

Also, MultiCam is currently being used by some US troops in Afghanistan, e.g. 101st Airborne Division.

Here's a pic:

800px-U.S._Army_firefight_in_Kunar.jpg

Those are the kinds of graphics I dreamed of 12 years and more ago. Too bad the game sucks, but maybe some day someone will put it all together. Who knows, it might even be BFC.

:)

Michael

You want war graphics? This must be then THE light saber