German Campaign 3rd Battle Pathfinding

The German 3rd battle of the campaign that I'm on ("Bloody Gulch") is turning out to be pretty tough due to the vehicle pathfinding along the narrow roads and the short time limit.

I find I'm having to give movement orders for every turn in the road to avoid the vehicles getting "caught" in the hedgerows lining the roads. They seem to go into a lot of unnecessary turning if they have a brush with the foliage. Given all the turns in the roads, this happens often if every corner isn't plotted. I believe the scenario is 40 minutes. By the end of about 20 minutes I'm finally ready to start attacking the town, but the scenario is half over after I deal with the masses of vehicles getting to a start point.

I also had engineers blow a hole in a hedgerow to allow vehicles to move through. I had a PzIV go through, but the Panther and transports suddenly refused to follow the same path. I figure if a tank can go through, the transports can, but maybe it's a wheeled/tracked issue? That still leaves the Panther, though.

Any observations/help by others playing this one?

It shouldn't be necessary to plot a waypoint for every turn of the road; in fact, it's better not to, because constant turning slows you down. But even though the road isn't straight, you can draw a few straight lines through most of it. The vehicle pathfinding doesn't always figure out the quickest route, but if you can draw a simple path of no more than five waypoints that don't go through any obstacles, it's not that slow.

P.S. It's one hour scenario, actually.

I could start to cry with the pathfinding and the way the reinforcements are positioned in this mission.

Seriously, whoever designed this campaign is a sadist. Always tiny setup zones, reinforcements that all come in one place and clog up everything, artillery arriving 25 minutes before the battle ends with a call time of 16 minutes.....

I'm at 22 minutes before the battle ends and I still didn't figure out a way how not to clog up the roads with bogging vehicles.

EDIT: Ok, I give up, this mission is so incredibly enraging I simply want to keep banging my head at the desk.

Looks like the German campaign will stay mostly unplayed.

EDIT: Ok, I give up, this mission is so incredibly enraging I simply want to keep banging my head at the desk.

Looks like the German campaign will stay mostly unplayed.

I didn't enjoy German campaign either. Halftracks are useless in bocage terrain. Scenario time limit is too short, half of my forces are still too far away... And enemy appears many times behind etc.

Hopefully someone makes German scenarios FAST! :)

It's crazy to fight that battle with the default setup. I move most of the half tracks to the left or right sides of the setup zone with no intention of trying to drive them up the road. I leave one PSW on the road and maybe one or two half tracks, that's it.

I had some initial troube with the Le Dezert scenario... but..

the 40 min time limit forced me to really push the panzers HARD and I think the way it forces you to fight is realistic.

Jam your panthers in the front and use the other AFVs in convoy line behind them ala Thunder Run ish, use the infantry mostly along the road beside the tanks. Dont get caught up in prolonged fighting along the route. If necessary drive the panthers constantly on "slow" towards the objectives.

I got a US surrender on this one.