BF, You Blew It

I know this ground has been covered before, but since I pre-ordered the game, I've earned my time in the sun rant!

I play computer games strictly multi-player, as AI's across the board do not provide much of a challenge and are easily exploited. So when I read the Game Manual for CMBN I eagerly checked the online multi-player section to see if you could play "Real-Time". Cool you can, this will add another dimension to online play. But, oops my bad, I did not read a little further to find out you can not play online multi-player "Turn Based with Replay".

Huh, excuse me, say what?? It was to hard to code you say??? Right in the game manual, and I quote "sooner or later, multi-player games against other humans will provide the only real challenge", you come out and say what most of us already knew... and promote multi-player as the way to have the most fun (see challenge) playing CMBN! Yet now you placed major restrictions on it...

Well, what does that leave me with? PBEM, slooooow, boring... Online Real-Time, small engagements, where I am so busy controlling the action, I have little time to sit back and enjoy it. Fun once in a while. But here is the best part about "Online Real-Time" play, there is no way to pause the action???? Let me say this again "Huh, excuse me, say what??". Was this too hard to code as well??

BF, what were you thinking?? You have taken multi-player and made it so PBEM players are the only ones who can really play multi-player... Are you just catering to a select group now?

Oh the days of CMBB and the huge, epic online multiplayer battles... The blood, the carnage, the victories and defeats... Hours and hours of tactics and stratigical delights...

All gone now.

So far I like CMBN, and will play it until I get bored with the AI. Too bad BF, it could have been such a beautiful marriage...

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please know that we will take turns missing you, Mister Chaser. I haven't read the whole manual yet but, when I do, I'll stop by this thread to refudiate these baseless claims.

CM Norm is the reason why the little mrs can hardly keep her hot little hands off of me. The demo alone has made me much more desirable and I am a tard from all of the mountings.

I agree that the lack of TCP/IP WEGO is a huge bummer, but we knew this since years so I can't see this to be such a huge shocker.

Yes, PBEM is horrible and RT is way too fast and stressful, but really, the SP is great too! :)

Seriously, I can't stress the complete and utter crapness of PBEM enough...

I agree that the lack of TCP/IP WEGO is a huge bummer, but we knew this since years so I can't see this to be such a huge shocker.

Yes, PBEM is horrible and RT is way too fast and stressful, but really, the SP is great too! :)

Seriously, I can't stress the complete and utter crapness of PBEM enough...

Lemon can i pinch your sig?

Its hard to disagree with the OP, even if its stated in not too civilized manner. (guess its just emotions)

It wasn't so obvious in CMSF, but the graphics, gameplay features and polish CMBN has are so good, that the lack of proper multiplayer mod really stands out as the biggest drawback.

Please know that we will take turns missing you, Mister Chaser. I haven't read the whole manual yet but, when I do, I'll stop by this thread to refudiate these baseless claims.

CM Norm is the reason why the little mrs can hardly keep her hot little hands off of me. The demo alone has made me much more desirable and I am a tard from all of the mountings.

:D

Post of the century. I might get it put on a t-shirt. :P

I love PBEM. Waiting for the turns to arrive gives me something to live for aside from whiskey and acrid tears.

Well, you still are able to play multi in PBEM, so what is the problem? Sending e-mails?

Could you explain me?

Polo

The problem of PBEM is that it's ridiculously slow. I don't want a 30 turn game to last 8 weeks.

PBEM requires an incredible amount of effort to keep it "fast" and the usual rate is approx 2-3 emails a day.

With TCP/IP WEGO you could have a 45 round game over in 2-4 hours and you also had the ability to save and continue with the battle at a different time. Also, It doesn't constantly remove you from the game flow.

Why people didn't try the CMSF demo to see how the game played before pre ordering CMBN is beyond me....

Also I've been playing CMSF for two years SP in WEGO and with the new scenarios that come out I haven't been bored by the AI yet...and I defy anyone who will find the AI easy with a well made scenario...

Anway one mans meat is anothers poisen and I will be happy when all those who don't like the game bugger off and play something different...as I really do hope they don't hang around for the next god knows how many years moaning about how much they don't like it.

Can't wait for the time when the forum becomes a good communtiy with a love for the game like CMSF forum became...

The problem of PBEM is that it's ridiculously slow. I don't want a 30 turn game to last 8 weeks.

PBEM requires an incredible amount of effort to keep it "fast" and the usual rate is approx 2-3 emails a day.

Mwahahahaha. Hyperbole much?

Look, it would be great if TCP turn based makes it back in, but don't hysterical on us. Sure, PBEM may be less then ideal for some of you. But it is not the work of the devil. Chill out, just a little?

Well, you still are able to play multi in PBEM, so what is the problem? Sending e-mails?

Could you explain me?

Polo

The problem is it's slow as hell. Most pbem players play at most 5-6 turns a day.

With CMBB I like to be able to set aside 3-4 hours for some gargantuan 5000 point mega battle where we play all the way through to the end (or for a couple hours, save, and then finish later).

Playing tiny little 5-10 minute "bites" of a match is REALLY irritating to me, and it seems that most people under 30 agree.

Mwahahahaha. Hyperbole much?

Look, it would be great if TCP turn based makes it back in, but don't hysterical on us. Sure, PBEM may be less then ideal for some of you. But it is not the work of the devil. Chill out, just a little?

Exactly where was he hysterical and calling it "the work of the devil"? Seems like you're the one who needs to chill out.

The fanboys here are worse than the kids on Xbox live, seriously.

The problem is it's slow as hell. Most pbem players play at most 5-6 turns a day.

With CMBB I like to be able to set aside 3-4 hours for some gargantuan 5000 point mega battle where we play all the way through to the end (or for a couple hours, save, and then finish later).

Playing tiny little 5-10 minute "bites" of a match is REALLY irritating to me, and it seems that most people under 30 agree.

noxnoctum are you on steam as cc/Nox per chance?