DEMO hangs when ENDing game

Win 7 64-bit Home Premium

ATI Radeon 4850, just updated driver to 8.821.0.0

AMD Phenom II X4 940

8 GB RAM

I haven't tested this video driver version yet. The prior driver version 8.791.0.0 experienced the issue. CMBN exe camped out on 1 core after exiting the final screen.

UPDATE: Updating the video driver resolved my game exit issue. It also corrected an issue where I couldn't see the majority of the tools in the map editor (i.e., nothing over on the left. The option I was hovering over would appear, but disappear after I moved the pointer away. No tile "samples" would appear below the options either.

Perhaps something to post in the Support Forums for CMBN - latest drivers for ATI is a good thing.

Asmodeous i have the same issue.. ive changed the res and bizzare things started happening... the loading bar pauses on 29 % but still manages to get into the save game after i click the mouse but the res is the lowest res hasnt changed ... then when i quit it wont let me get back into the game..unless a windows restart happens.

I thought a re-install would be a good idea.. no it wasnt ..now in the installation process it pops up with an error that reads " An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: Delete file failed; code 32. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

i have no idea. :*(

I have a ATI HD5770 on Win7 X64 SP1 with all the latest system updates, with the latest 11.5 graphics driver. So far i haven't had any issues starting or ending the demo. I use MS Security Essentials for AV. The 11.5 drivers were installed before the demo came out.

Win7 64bit, ATI 6970, 6gb RAM, i7 @ 3.5ghz, happening to me too. Also, have to restart computer if I want to run the demo again. Otherwise, it goes immediately from the first nag screen (I hit play game) to the ending nag screen (buy now) without running the game.

Took an update stretch to install the latest ATI Catalyst package, 11.5 as many had earlier noted to work.

Now the game ENDs like a charm. Oh, but wait, I don't want to quit the game at all! :)

-Going to update the Original Post to include recommandation for updating ATI-based graphics card drivers.

What, one can't EDIT posts after some time. Well, maybe not then..

Same issue hangs on exit

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Pentium E5300 @ 2.60GHz 40 °C

Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM

4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18)

Motherboard

MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD MS-7392 (CPU1) 55 °C

Graphics

DELL 1905FP (1280x1024@60Hz)

ATI Radeon HD 5670

Hard Drives

156GB Western Digital WDC WD1600AAJS-00B4A0 ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C

977GB SAMSUNG SAMSUNG HD103SI ATA Device (SATA) 29 °C

156GB FUJITSU MAXTOR STM3160211AS ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 ATA Device

Audio