A poll ... how fast will the first complaints roll in?

:D

It is funny to think of a time when customers aren't complaining. I mean, it's never happened in the history of wargaming, but I suppose in theory it is possible.

Personally, I think in the alternate universe (the one with the bad Kirk and Spock) they are all confused why wargamers love everything and complain about nothing :D

Steve

I dunno how Steve and the others have handled it over the last 10+ years - hope they have access to good psych counselling.

I don't know about that, but I hear they have access to lots of good booze. You know, "Wine does more than Milton can/To justify God's ways to man."

Michael

Personally, I don't really see the problem with complaints - as long as they're constructive. And that includes issues of preference, not just black and white problems for which there is a "right" answer. For example, several of us were complaining about difficulties with camera control in CMSF (specifically, keys and mouse not playing well together). Steve popped in and let us know that it's already been addressed in both a CMSF patch and CMBN release, and that they're looking at possible control and UI changes for the future. Similarly, hit text and sound contacts are back in CMBN after complaints about them being absent from Shock Force.

Cases like this show that not only is complaining valid, but that these issues can eventually be resolved. Complaints - the constructive kind - are good! They let BFC know what issues customers are having and how important (or not) those issues are.

:D

It is funny to think of a time when customers aren't complaining. I mean, it's never happened in the history of wargaming, but I suppose in theory it is possible.

Personally, I think in the alternate universe (the one with the bad Kirk and Spock) they are all confused why wargamers love everything and complain about nothing :D

Steve

Complaints come from passion, at least if they are whining they are thinking about you. I think Napoleon said it was only when his Grognards (lit, Grumbler) stopped complaining that he became worried.

From my perspective I would rather a forum of complaints over a forum of silence.

Thread...

I want to complain!

First reply...

Aaaah, stop hitting me.

Second reply...

This is getting hit over the head lessons. You want complaints, it's across the hall.

Ahem, but seriously... I reckon first complaints will come in the first day. I plan on complaining about how long it takes for my pre-order to arrive and that when it doesn't I'll be at work and have to wait all day, get home, kids to bed, dinner and quality time with wife before I can install and even think of playing. I'll probably fall asleep at the keyboard before the install finishes, something else to complain about.

-F

I'll only complain if the thing won't run or crashes all the time(which I doubt will be an issue).

As far as armor thicknesses, Bren tripods, boot lace lengths, etc. I'll leave that to the G.R.O.G.S. (Guys Requiring Omniscient Gargantuan Satisfaction) TM.

I'll adapt to the game, I won't complain and ask the users and developers adapt it to me.