Login Problems

While trying to purchase the new Normandy game I'm having problems logging in. I can log in to the forum under my user name and password but it doesn't recognize one or the other during the purchase process. I'm quite confused. Any help would be appreciated. Never had so much trouble trying to spend money before.

While trying to purchase the new Normandy game I'm having problems logging in. I can log in to the forum under my user name and password but it doesn't recognize one or the other during the purchase process. I'm quite confused. Any help would be appreciated. Never had so much trouble trying to spend money before.

Your forum name/login are completely separate from the store forum/login.

Just been readinf this post and I`m a bit confused as to what I need or have in order to buy Normandy when it comes out.

I have username and password for the Forum 9obviously) and for the main site ( which gives me access to the Repository)

The last item I bought was Shock Force when it came out (ie before Oct 2007) So what do I use,or do ,in order to buy something?

The main site with it's own registration and log-in system is a Joomla CMS and 'houses' the shopping cart component and repository etc, presumably because the inherited vbulletin forum is operated in a subdomain folder with it's own log-in system (again I presume so all the old forum and users could be migrated over) - shame as otherwise they could have started afresh using (joomla) Kunena forum and had integration betwixt the two parts but at the expense of existing users losing their history and posts.

Just been readinf this post and I`m a bit confused as to what I need or have in order to buy Normandy when it comes out.

I have username and password for the Forum 9obviously) and for the main site ( which gives me access to the Repository)

The last item I bought was Shock Force when it came out (ie before Oct 2007) So what do I use,or do ,in order to buy something?

Again, purchases do not require any account or login at all. During a purchase, an account is created "on the fly". It's where your download info, license key etc. is saved. You do not need to register in order to buy anything.

However, an account has to have a unique email address. So if you already have an account (either because you purchased something after Oct 1, 2007, or because you manually registered for the Repository, for example), AND if you want to use the same email address during your purchase, you will have to login at some point during the checkout.

Martin

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for replies

One more question.

I will buy the game on release, but is it possible to download the game on another PC?

Yes.

How long does it take to get the authorising code? What is the proceedure?

If memory serves me correctly, you get the code as soon as you order the game.

Thanks for replies

One more question.

I will buy the game on release, but is it possible to download the game on another PC?

How long does it take to get the authorising code? What is the proceedure?

(I live in UK)

Thanks

When you order the game the download code is emailed to you immediately (if you pre-order the hard copy + download you can get it now, although obviously it isn't any use for anything until the game is actually released). You can then download the game as many times as you like within 365 days of purchasing it on any number of PCs. You can install it on any number of PCs. Only two installations can be activated at the same time though.

Quick correction:

You can then download the game as many times as you like within 365 days of purchasing it on any number of PCs.

Actually, the 365 days period starts from the first DOWNLOAD (not the purchase).

Do you get the activation code (via email) as soon as you purchase the game?

Yes, you do. The email is a BACKUP. You do not need to wait for it. After completing the order and purchase, you are logged into your store account and by clicking the link from the confirmation page (or by clicking on "My Account" from the top menu, visible only once you are logged in), you can look up your key (and all other order details) online, even if you don't get the email (due to spam filters and what not).

Martin

One other correction:

You have 365 days from the date of the first download to download the game. You ALSO have the limitation of 10 download attempts within that 365 day window. If you have a problem actually getting the download and have gone through all of your attempts, then we can potentially reset the download attempt count with a request to the Helpdesk.

The download delivery method is available to just get you the game. It is NOT intended to be indefinite storage of the game installer. We do expect customers to make some sort of backup of their installer (recordable CD/DVD, flash memory drive, another hard drive). You can make as many backups/copies of the installer you want.