Northern California CM:BN Preview

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right! So now that the date and time's firmed up let's get some RSVP's going. If you're planning on being [somewhere in Oakland where CM:BN will be joyfully played] on Sat. 26th in the afternoon, please send me a PM or post a new response here. I'll need responses rather quickly - if there's going to be 20 folks showing up I may need to rethink location. So! Let me know.

I'm in for 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Location's been fixed - just doing the final paperwork with the hotel now. We'll be in a conference room at the Courtyard Marriott Oakland on the afternoon / early evening of the 26th. Thanks to all who have RSVP'd. If you will need special assistance feel free to PM me and I will provide you with my contact information so we can get in touch. I'll announce any changes here, but I think this is the last big stop before AwesomeTown. :)

I'd like to bring along a non-forumite CM player. Not sure if that counts as a drop-in or not... I will assume it's okay until you tell me otherwise.

Nope, that's not a drop-in, that's a +1. :) That's fine - we'll have one drop-in slot then, which is probably full.

And... thanks for putting the effort and energy into making this possible.

It's definitely gotten a bit crazier than I think any of us expected, but it's worth it as long as you guys have a good time. :)

All right, just in case anyone is still wondering, I'll consolidate all of the info in one place:

Marriott Courtyard Oakland

February 26th

3PM - 6-7PM

We'll probably have a sign out front, or someone to greet people.

If anyone needs additional information or contact information for me, please PM me.

But an Oakland Chapter Hells Angeles jacket raises nary an eyebrow

Not if the owner of said eyebrow wants said eyebrow to remain attached to their person.

In the part of Oakland we'll be in, of course, the wrong sort of attention is just as likely to come from people in suits with earpieces. :) We'll be about a block from the federal building.

Oakland's full of crazy Raiders fans out there... I'd watch my back.

-Chiefs fan

Heh. When we were shopping for a house in Oakland there were street corners that still had debris and scorch marks from when they set cars on fire in the last Raiders riot. There are actual honest-to-goodness riots, with window-smashing and looting, when the Raiders lose big games.

It's kind of awesome, in a "million billion hot dogs" kind of way.