Computer Specs used by Normandy Beta Testers?

GDog

I tried some searches and found nothing so I thought I'd ask if any details could be given as to what specific systems the Normandy Beta testers are using. (There is a beta test ongoing correct?) Failing that, what systems do the BF staff use to run the game so far?

I am curious because of previous tech issues when trying to run CMSF and would like to have an idea of what to expect when it comes time to load Normandy on my new system.

No idea if BF can or will comment, but thought I'd try.

I've got two machines on it.

One is a Windows 7 64 Bit box (i5 760 with 4Gb of RAM and a nVidia GeForce GTS 250 graphics card), the other is a Mac running BootCamp as per signature block below).

You probably wont get a comment from BTS / BFC as they don't really know. That is the testers use their personal machnes (no truck turned up with BFC on the side and some block issued me with a machine bought by BFC purely to do testing on) so they don't have detailed records on what people are using.

So the Beta testers probaby have a similar cross section of machines as the potential customers.

Generally speaking, system specs for the beta guys is pretty much the same as for CMSF. Scenario loading time is no different. Can't comment on framerate because Beta guys aren't running 'clean' game builds so we'd be getting slowdowns regardless. When I say same specs that's not counting the couple testers who got new rigs recently, but I don't think those purchases were game-driven. I've owned my current computer (Bootcamped imac running Windows) since 2006 and have no plans to upgrade. The lowest-of-the low end machines may struggle but heck,they're struggling already. :)

Macbook Pro - XP Pro, Nvidia 330GT, 4G RAM, 2.66 I7

Lenovo X200 - XP Pro, Intel GMA 4500HD, 2G RAM, 2.4 Intel dual-core

Custom desktop - Vista 32, 8800 GTS 512, 2G RAM, 2.4 AMD dual-core

It also runs on some of my older hardware, but these are the computers I run it on regularly.

Mark and Mikey have it right: cross-section. We all just use our personal machines.

Interesting that BF are not tracking the specs of their beta tester's systems.

There's no formal tracking that I'm aware of, but a lot of testers discuss their hardware purchases / issues on the beta forums. Also remember that there aren't that many beta testers - this isn't an MMO with 15,000 beta guys where they can accept people based on what hardware they have.

Do any of you know of beta testers using ATI GPU's? So far you all list NVIDIA.

And Intel integrated chips. But yes, some do use ATI.

How many testers are there roughly?

Generally, there's half as many as usual when the game's stuck between 'exciting developments' and twice as many as usual when something exciting happens ;). Then there's the ones who disappear and reappear on occassion as their overseas deployments start and end. And we usually lose one or two for awhile during Carnival in Rio. :D

I haven't been able to beta test the last few versions of the Normandy game, but a few versions ago it was running very well on my system. I have an AMD triple core processor, 4gb RAM, and an ATI card with 1GB RAM. It looks and plays very very nicely. I can't wait until school is over, I've been chomping at the bit to take the newest version out for a spin.

Nothing special:

Intel Duo Core E8200 2.66GHz

NVidea GeForce 9600GT

Windows 7

2GB RAM (more coming for Xmas!)

beautiful monitor though...

I'm running the Debug version of Normandy just fine with pretty much the same frame rate as I ran the Debug version of CMSF NATO. It's been quite a while since I played a non-debug version of any CMx2 game so performance-wise, Normandy is probably about as demanding of my system as NATO was. I'm not playing Battalion sized missions though...

x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel 2.39Ghz

Windows XP Pro

Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT

2GB Ram

Runs smooth and fast and I always play with the best quality graphic settings.

That's got to be encouraging to lots of people with mid-range systems!

Not a beta tester, just throwing this in for grins:

CMSF on a NETBOOK!

Asus eee 1215n

Windows 7 32

Intel D525 Atom (dual core 1.8 Ghz)

Nvidia Optima Driven 310m graphics

2 GB, single channel memory

(Okay, a beefy netbook, but c'mon, this game can be played on a LOT of systems.)

Ken