Should I wait for NATO release?

Hey guys,

Long time reader, but first post.....

I want to get into modern combat tactical gaming, and considering buying CM:SF.

But I dont know if I should buy CM:SF right away and NATO when its released, or if I should wait for the NATO release and for a possible combo CM:SF+NATO pack.

TY.

Try the Demos. Some have not found much difference between how modules play; but many have. There's a thread debating it somewhere. Personally, I get a markedly different game feel betwwen US, USMC, and Brits.

If you're into modern you'll get hooked anyway :)

Did you play CM 1? If not realise that CM games are so different to most, if not all others. They have a learning curve that can me made easier by searching or asking in the forum. There are also some other sites that have tips.

Personally sometime I find CM taxing, because it throws real and constant tactical dilemas at me. But the main thing is that it keeps delivering fantastic combat gaming moments.

i would recommend you get cmsf now, by the time you get through the campaigns already present, and get somewhat familiar with the equipment already available, you will be less green in your game play, and ready for all the extras. if your really concerned about saving some money, i guess play the demo's available for the game and bide your time...

yes as others said, try the demos first, dont buy anything that you dont like maybe.

if you want to start gaming and win right away go for CMSF, you can hop in and play right away without any real troubles, asymmetrical scenario and whatnot makes it pretty easy for blue side. although RED vs RED battles is the real meat for CMSF(for me!), there you can have some good fun too and the victories dont come as effortless as when playing blue.

if you want a more steep learning curve and more long therm things to keep you interessted, go for CMx1 games, especially CMBB. you got lots of options and vehicles and units, plenty to spend a lot of time with. even the graphics are compareable when you use high res texture mods for CMBB(or CMAK). at least you have no ugly shadows and no ugly LOD changes in CMx1.

anyways, CMx1 games and CMx2 games, all have demos, make sure to try them out.

The question seems to be not whether to buy it but whether to hold off in the hope of a "combo pack" discount. I haven't heard a peep about combo discounts, but I never do hear about things like that anyway. On the bright side, it seems you won't have to wait very long to to find out. :)

I do recall Steve or Moon saying there will in fact be a bundle for CMSF and all it's modules. Once of course NATO is released this new bundle will replace the existing one. Mostly depends on your money situation. But as others mentioned, there's a lot of gaming to be had right now with CMSF+Marines+Brits.

I do recall Steve or Moon saying there will in fact be a bundle for CMSF and all it's modules.

Actually, there will be a "Module bundle" containing Marines+British+Nato (it will replace the current Marines+British bundle), but it will not include the base game.