Buying both titles but S&H @ $21 ?

same here, i was only gona get NATO for now, i only buy online versions of the games on BF because my budget is limited and am also reluctant to pay an extra 15 euros just to have a solid copy of the game sent to me. originaly NATO preorder was going to be 20 euros, but with the P&P it rised to 35, i would like a DW version only of the preorder

I'm definitely buying both titles - but I'm a little reluctant to fork out an additional $21 on postage. I'm in western Europe obviously. If I want to pre-order both titles there is no way to remove the S&H fees. I thought there was some S&H discount?

Yes, there is. If you were to buy both titles separately with the "mail delivery" or "download&mail" options, you would pay $20 ($10 if you're in the US) for each. So, at $21 you're saving $19 for S&H.

Only NATO is on pre-order. Pre-orders are not available for "download only". It doesn't really make sense to offer pre-orders for that (you can't download any sooner than when it's available for download...), so pre-orders are always "download&mail".

Afghanistan is not on pre-order. It's released. You can purchase it as "download only" right away.

So what you should do, if you want to avoid the S&H, is to purchase Afghanistan now, and wait to purchase NATO later once it's out.

Yes, there is. If you were to buy both titles separately with the "mail delivery" or "download&mail" options, you would pay $20 ($10 if you're in the US) for each. So, at $21 you're saving $19 for S&H.

Only NATO is on pre-order. Pre-orders are not available for "download only". It doesn't really make sense to offer pre-orders for that (you can't download any sooner than when it's available for download...), so pre-orders are always "download&mail".

Afghanistan is not on pre-order. It's released. You can purchase it as "download only" right away.

So what you should do, if you want to avoid the S&H, is to purchase Afghanistan now, and wait to purchase NATO later once it's out.

cheers moon , thanks for the sugestion :)! again fair enough.

just one question, the price for NATO on release will be of 35$ right?

The prices for NATO will be:

$25 for download only

$25 plus S&H for mail only

$35 plus S&H for download & mail (this is what the pre-order option buys you for $25 plus S&H; and you save the bulk of the S&H if you order Afghanistan&NATO in one because the second item only adds $1 to the base S&H)

The prices for NATO will be:

$25 for download only

$25 plus S&H for mail only

$35 plus S&H for download & mail (this is what the pre-order option buys you for $25 plus S&H, and you the bulk of the S&H if you order Afghanistan&NATO in one because the second item only adds $1 to the base S&H)

ah good good , again thank you very much, in this case ill be getting afghanistan today :D and get the download on NATO on release!

muchas gracias!

Will there be a Marines + Brits + NATO bundle (mail delivery)?

Hey, that's a good question! And the answer is: yes. Once NATO is released, we will also offer a "Modules bundle" with all three modules. This will replace the Marines+Brits bundle available currently (aka, the Marines+Brits bundle will be discontinued).

I want to have hard copies of both CM:A and NATO. If I preorder NATO and CM:A package, will I received the boxed hard copies of both games when NATO is shipped?

Correct. "Pre-order" always includes both "download & mail delivery", and if you select "mail only" or "download & mail" for Afghanistan, you will get hardgoods for that, too, once NATO is out.

Our full game downloads are hosted on a huge server cloud network with unlimited bandwidth and 100% availability. So full download speeds are pretty much guaranteed all the time :)

No complaints here. I didn't want to wait the hour it'd take to download the CMA demo from a mirror site, so purchased the game and downloaded it in about 4 minutes. :)

Pre-orders are not available for "download only". It doesn't really make sense to offer pre-orders for that (you can't download any sooner than when it's available for download...), so pre-orders are always "download&mail".
Ah thanks, that answers the question I wanted to ask :). I'll wait for the release and save the shipping costs, I'm fine with the DL-only!

I hear more companies than just BFC are being caught in a bind as the market switches to primarily digital download. Up-front costs for setup that can't be spread over a large volume of mailings. Mimimum quantity printing runs that may greatly exceed the numbers needed. Back in 2000 if you sold 100,000 copies of CMBO (random number) that would mean 100,000 CDs, 100,000 cases and 100,000 printed manuals. In 2010 selling 100,000 copies of CM:Normandy would mean (?) number of printed manuals and (?) number of CDs. With efficiencies also come uncertainties. :)

Moon, for a customer I think pre-order is sometimes about allocating funds and other times about ticking something you don't have to do later off your list. Its about not having to check the web all the time for release, its about getting that email that says your download is ready.

So download as a pre-order even with no benefit would have sat well with me.

my two cents.