Policy on mod moving content between games?

Ryujin

Nice find. Be wild if it actually worked.

I wonder if the carts and other flavor objects could be ported over?

Mord.

Those might be pretty easy as they don't actually 'do' anything. Same for say infantry models. And those nice building textures :D .

As far as the swap of the pickup for the ZU23 truck, it's still got the characteristics of the pickup. However I'm still picking through the files to see where this is all defined and if I can tweak it. It's all in there... somewhere.

Well, as far as building textures, you can just name them starting after the last numbered building in CMSF...Then you could have a ton...check this thread.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82687

If the flavor objects worked LongLeftFlank would flip, I think he's the one that's been asking for carts forever and a day.

Mord.

A bit of friendly advice. Don't go too too crazy mixing-and-matching textures between titles. Remember, half the fun of owning seperate titles is that the new one looks different than the old one. Swapping out all the building skins & ground textures rather defeats the whole purpose! After playing in Afghanistan mountains for awhile you'll enjoy returning to the familiar sandy Syrian desert for a rest. :D

Remember, half the fun of owning seperate titles is that the new one looks different than the old one. Swapping out all the building skins & ground textures rather defeats the whole purpose! After playing in Afghanistan mountains for awhile you'll enjoy returning to the familiar sandy Syrian desert for a rest. :D

Unless of course you don't intend to buy CMA, then you get a fresh look to your favorite ol' CMSF game - hypothetically speaking of course :D

If the flavor objects worked LongLeftFlank would flip, I think he's the one that's been asking for carts forever and a day.

Hee hee. No, I never asked for carts, although they would be fine by me. I'd really flip for (a) a "tented" version of the bus shelter, with a colourful awning to create real market stalls and storefronts and (B) an ugly green enamel lie-down refrigerator (like you get ice cream out of, but with a solid lid). Or at least a generic rectangular solid object we can texture ourselves.

What I really have my eye on are those Canadian and Dutch guntrucks in the NATO videos. I'm sick to death of losing badly protected Humvee gunners in Ramadi playtesting and would love it if Ryujin could repurpose a NATO or Brit guntruck to look like a Humvee from the turret down. Might even be tempted to buy those modules then.

Yes, MikeyD, I wasn't talking about the Humvee's armour, just the near total lack of small arms protection for the gunner. He tends to last about 30 seconds in a firefight, which is fine. But I am doing COIN scenarios where I want a Humvee guntruck with a turret like the Canucks and Dutchies have. Yes, I get CMSF isn't going out of its way to support COIN, but I can't imagine a US force rolling from Iraq into Syria into 2008 without a bunch of these in its arsenal. You wouldn't "unconvert" them.